• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Druid Playtest

Baumi

Adventurer
I have no Idea :p

Anyway splitting the discussion into two (or more) threat doesn't help, but I do agree that the Rules Forum should have made more sense.

Bagpuss

Legend
It's a Dragon 370 Feature, yet as a non-subscriber I can see it? Also it only appears to be levels 1-2 not 1-3. Are the level 3 Encounter powers subscriber content? :-S

kouk

First Post
The initial launch of the feature had some hiccups.

The Druid is now a "Preview" rather than a playtest, and incorporates material of up to 3rd level powers. Accessing the article requires a subscription (as of this post).

There is a strong likelihood additional details of the class will be talked about in Friday's Ampersand article.

Bagpuss

Legend
The initial launch of the feature had some hiccups.

The Druid is now a "Preview" rather than a playtest, and incorporates material of up to 3rd level powers. Accessing the article requires a subscription (as of this post).

I thought Excerpts didn't appear in the subscriber only section? The seems to still be a Dragon Feature. Seems odd to pay for something that you then have to pay for again.

MrMyth

First Post
I thought Excerpts didn't appear in the subscriber only section? The seems to still be a Dragon Feature. Seems odd to pay for something that you then have to pay for again.

The free excerpts are only generally found in the month building up to the release of a product (or in the monthly preview of upcoming material.) More advanced preview information seems to occasionally be included for Dragon subscribers as a bonus (such as the bard information in last month's Ampersand) - I imagine the Druid and Invoker preview info this month is in the same vein.

Note that this isn't really reducing the standard material - there are still 6 feature articles, the typical amount, plus the usual number of columns. Now, one of the feature articles is a Playtest article (for the Adventurer's Vault 2) - but one Playtest a month seems fine, especially as many people have found it a highlight of the new Dragon.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads