• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Druid PrCs and build ideas

lordcloaker

First Post
A new campaign came up, and Ive always wanted to play a druid and Ive always liked its animal companion, and to my surprise I read the following thing:

Animal Companion Basics: Use the base statistics for a creature of the companion’s kind, but make the following changes. Class Level: The character’s druid level. The druid’s class levels stack with levels of any other classes that are entitled to an animal companion for the purpose of determining the companion’s abilities and the alternative lists available to the character.

I always thought that leaving the druid path (prcs, multiclassing) ruined the animal companion, so I was thinking about going full druid, but it seems its always growing with you. So multiclassing or getting a PrC seems like a perfect idea.
So now my question: which are good Druid PrCs or build ideas ? Its been quite a while since Ive seen a druid in action or even read about them. Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance.

DevoutlyApathetic

First Post
Er what now? The quote referances druid class level and not caster level. So taking a PrC would pretty much ruin the animal companion unless the class explicitely advanced your animal companion.

I am sad, I thought this thread would be how they never write any prestige classes for druids.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads