• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Druid Venom Immunity Question

Latency

First Post
I have a question about the Druid's Venom immunity and Drow sleep poison. My character I am playing is a Druid that is questing to adventure in the "City of the Spider Queen" by the time we start the adventure I will be high enough level to have the ability of venom immunity and needless to say being immune to the drow poison would be a huge asset going into this adventure. Now my question the PHB says under the Druids ability that the immunity works against all natural poisons but not mineral or Poison Gas. My DM and I have discussed it and have not come to a decision. I am asking all the other DM's out there how would you rule this. Would the Druids Venom Immunity grant me immunity from the Drow sleep poison?

Thanks in advance.

Marc

Dinkeldog

Sniper o' the Shrouds
I assume all Drow poisons are varieties of spider venoms, given as that's their schtick. I would rule druids immune to the sleep poison.

Latency

First Post
radferth said:
I believe I read in some old source that Drow poisons were made from fungus, which would also give the Druid immunity.

Do you know what book this info came from because this would be exactly the info I would like to take to him. If you recall the source it would help out.

Thanks

Marc

Ferret

Explorer
I would say that the immunity came not from the fact that they were natural, but that they have trained with the natural poisons(see Princess bride).

So a straight spider/fungus pioson would shrugged off, but a modified one wouldn't.

kreynolds

First Post
Ferret said:
I would say that the immunity came not from the fact that they were natural, but that they have trained with the natural poisons(see Princess bride).

Umm...but...Wesley wasn't a druid.
confused-yellow.gif
;)

Remove ads