• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Druid Wild Shape forms

Teneb said:
A wildshaped druid is a magical beast, so animal growth won't work on yourself.
A druid wildshaped into a celestial animal (with Exalted Wild Shape) is a magical beast. Other druids gain the animal type. And a druid wildshaped into an elemental remains a humanoid.

Dire forms are good, but don't overlook the brown bear and rhino. Eagle is outstanding if you're not looking to melee.

CZHorse

First Post
Brother MacLaren said:
Eagle is outstanding if you're not looking to melee.

Yes I was going to say, it seems like everyone is thinking strictly of combat. The druid wildshape form has a great chance to go places others can't without magic. The eagle, dolphins, and small critters are great at doing recon.

the Jester

Legend
As far as wild shaping prcs go, you might also want to check out the Warshaper (CW).

Hierophant harkens back, at least in name, to 1e druids in Unearthed Arcana. If you can use homebrewed prcs, you might also consider the master of hounds, though you lose all your druidic advancement in favor of a dog pack. Masters of the Wild is chock full of 3.0 druid prcs, most of which are cool- I dig the verdant lord, for instance.

If you're set on wild shaping, there are some good animal buffing spells in MotW, Complete Divine and Complete Adventurer iirc.

Saeviomagy

Adventurer
Brother MacLaren said:
That 10 Con and horrid AC when attached hurt a lot. You're better of summoning them than actually turning into one.

OTOH, a lot of DM's won't change hitpoints with wildshaped constitution, AND it's really easy to help your AC.

Muxe

First Post
Wild shape

For combat Dire Ape with animal growth is by far the best for combat. At 13th level I think you have enought hitdice for Legendary Ape (MMII)

For scouting or if you want to stay out of melee you want Legendary Eagle with a speed of 100 and an AC of 25(I think) it is hard to hit and very fast.

Try to get some armor with the Wild enchantment as soon as possible so that you can have better AC when you wild shape

Also the Iuon stone that gives you AC bonus because it will also count while wildshaped.

Here is a link to a thread this is all about druids that I find very helpfull. The info is all based on 3.0 but most of the things suggested still apply.

http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=165279

My druid is currently level 13 so I haven't done much research on anything passed that but I am definatly looking at Elephant when I can wild shape huge. But not sure how it stacks up against the Legendary ape yet.

I have yet to find a PrC I like. I suggest going straight druid.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads