• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Druids - Beast Form Rules

LittleFuzzy

First Post
Can you power attack with a fireball?

Not normally, no. The requirement for Power Attack is that you make a melee attack.

All beast form attacks are implement. Also, whilst in beast form, you CAN'T use any attack that isn't a beast form attack. So you can't make a weapon attack in beast from via that.

But as near as I can tell, you can still make a power attack, since melee is the referenced keyword. You can also get additional damage if using a two-handed weapon, but since the weapon is not being used to make the beast-form attacks (no [W] dice are used) I would say you can't get that additional damage, even if you normally use a staff two-handed when not wild-shaped.

The question is if they have staff fighting to make it a double weapon, do they get +1 to ac, or +2 to ac and +1 to ref if they have two weapon defense?

That one certainly is iffier. I'd have to read the rules carefully again if I wanted to make a ruling on that one.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads