• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Drunken Brawler

KriticalFailure

First Post
This is all i have so far, if i could get some feedback it would be great, also i dont like the name that much..suggestions are more than welcome. thx :D...this is a really rough guide and i would like help to make this class playable.

Background info: i havent written anything yet, i'll write it after i get all the math and everything figured out
Requirements: To be a Drunken Boxer, one must meet all of the following:
1.) Tumble rank 7
2.) Great Fortitude Feat
3.) Dodge Feat
4.) Must Fight in a Brawl at a Tavern while drunk, and win
5.) must be a monk
Skills: per lvl 4+int
Balance/Bluff/climb/craft: alcohol(WIS)/escape artist/jump/listen/perform/swim/tumble
Level BAB Fort Ref Will Special
1 +0 +2 +2 +0 Bottoms Up, Everything is a weapon
2 +1 +2 +2 +0 Drunken Dance
3 +2 +3 +3 +0 Drunken Charge
4 +3 +4 +4 +1 Improved Trip
5 +3 +4 +4 +1 Swan Dive
6 +4 +5 +5 +2 Bowling Ball, AC +1
7 +4 +5 +5 +2 Healing Booze
8 +5 +5 +5 +2 Improved Everything is a weapon
9 +6 +6 +6 +2 Belch, AC+2
10 +6 +7 +7 +3 Fire Eater

Specail Abilities:
Bottoms Up:
For a Drunken Brawler, alcohol acts as a stimulant rather than a depressant. For every drink the drunken Brawler drinks he recieves a +2 in either STR or CON however, he also recieves a -2 in both INT and WIS. This effect lasts for 5 rounds + class lvl. (can only benefit from one drink per lvl i.e. at lvl 2 he may recieve a +4 to STR and -4 to WIS and INT)
Everything is a Weapon:
While drunk, a Drunken Brawler can use virtually anthing as a weapon. From bottles to chairs. While using the items, the Drunken Brawler gains a +1d3 damage to his unarmed attack.
Drunken Dance:
At level 2, the Drunken Brawler can dance with a chosen opponent making him tough to predict, giving the drunken brawler a +2 AC vs his partner.
Drunken Charge:
at lvl 3, a Drunken Brawler can stagger about while charging, not having to move in a straight line as he charges. Also, this adds a +3 to his AC vs attacks of opportunity
Imporved Trip:
at lvl 4 Improved trip is gained reguardless of whether or not the prerecquisites are met
Swan Dive:
at lvl 5, The Drunken Brawler may make a swan dive onto a prone or tripped target dealing 1d10+wis. if the Brawler misses, he deals 1d4 dmg to himself and is winded for one round
Bowling Ball:
at lvl 6, the Drunken Brawler can attempt to trip several opponents at once by rolling around with his knees at his chest. Must get a 15 ft running start and may roll for 1 +1/2 movement speed and trip opponents up to 1/2 his class lvl (i.e- at lvl 6 he may attempt to trip 3 opponents) Must make a tumble check of 20 and hit the ac of each target.
+1 to AC
at lvl 6 Drunken Brawler gets +1 to AC
Healing Booze:
at lvl 7, the Drunken Brawler may change a previously dranken alcoholic beverage into a cure moderate wounds potion at the expense of losing the effects of that drink. may only be used 3 times per day.
Improved everything is a weapon:
at lvl 8, the drunken brawler may use 10ft long items as weapons, also shorter weapons recive a +1d6 to unarmed damage rather than the +1d3
Belch:
At lvl 9, the Drunken master can Belch in the face of an opponent. The target must make a fortitude save of 10+class lvl+wis to save. if failed, the target is helpless for 2 rounds.
Ac + 2:
at lvl 9, ac is increased by 2 instead of by 1
Fire Eater:
At lvl 10, the drunken master can spew forth and ignite alcohol that has been previously consumed, using up a one of his drinks and dealing a 15 ft cone of fire damage dealing 3d12 worth of damage.

Last edited:

calebw

First Post
this class is pretty solid. although, it is pretty much straight from complete warrior. if you are looking to make a drunken character monk type, look into other class abilities, like the acrobat thief for moving over difficult terrain, and the hulking hurler for ideas on the class abilities.
i think the main thing is to try to make it as unique as possible. do something damaging to yourself! all the alcohol is poison btw, so use that and add weird role-playing limitations and other things liek that. but i like where this is going.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads