D&D 3E/3.5 Dry Lich Rakshasa Build <3.5>

LuckyBoneDice

First Post
In another campaign I'm in (3 per week. Yeah, it's brutal), I'm gonna be running a Rakshasa. The campaign is at 21st level as it is. I want to be a "Mage Hunter" and talked my DM into allowing me one domain. I chose Thirst. The DM is also allowing all spellcasting PrCs to act as Full Casters. Here's the build

Race: Rakshasa
Class: Monster 14/Walker in the Waste 10*/Disciple of Asmodeus 4
Feats: 7 Feats + 2 Flaws : Hollow (Ravenloft Campaign Setting), Heat Endurance (Sandstorm), Quicken Spell, Disciple of Darkness, Maximize Spell, Evil Brand, Undead Leadership, Epic Spellcasting
*: DM waived the "divine" requirement

am I "optimized," or far from it

Dandu

First Post
Short answer: No.
Long answer: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Runestar

First Post
how much must be done to optimize?

You are an ECL14 monster PC that comes with only sorc7 spellcasting, meaning that you are behind by 7 sorc lvs.

At epic lvs, that may or may not be an issue since spellcasters stop learning new spells at spellcaster lv20, but you may still lag behind in caster lv.

The easiest solution would be to rebuild as a straight sorc/dry lich using a LA+0 race as a base. Practiced spellcaster makes up for the lost caster lv.

Remove ads