• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dual Implements

Sevain

First Post
This has probably been asked before, but I was wondering if you could clarify something for me.

Is it possible to "dual wield" implements? The case I'm thinking of would be a Warlock/Wizard using a Rod of Corruption for the property and Wand +5 of whatever for the implement enhancement bonus on the powers of each class. So, for example, he would cast Eldritch Blast using the wand's bonus and then utilise the Rod's replacement property if the cursed target died from the blast.

If not, how would you switch between using the two, for example could you use one on one turn and the other on the next? Or even swapping within a round between actions?

I know there's a difference between holding and wielding, just not sure how it would apply in this case, so any input would be much appreciated.

Mort_Q

First Post
You can hold one in each hand, but if you're using the Wand for the EB, then you're wielding the wand and not the rod, for that attack.

DemonLord57

First Post
Sevain said:
This has probably been asked before, but I was wondering if you could clarify something for me.

Is it possible to "dual wield" implements? The case I'm thinking of would be a Warlock/Wizard using a Rod of Corruption for the property and Wand +5 of whatever for the implement enhancement bonus on the powers of each class. So, for example, he would cast Eldritch Blast using the wand's bonus and then utilise the Rod's replacement property if the cursed target died from the blast.

If not, how would you switch between using the two, for example could you use one on one turn and the other on the next? Or even swapping within a round between actions?

I know there's a difference between holding and wielding, just not sure how it would apply in this case, so any input would be much appreciated.

Yes. You can benefit from the properties of both implements, and use either to attack with.

Sevain

First Post
Thanks for the quick reply, so any idea how to "switch" between them, as in the blast didn't kill, but the rogue finished him off on his action?

Edit: Damn you guys are quick, was aimed at Mort_Q.

dark666105

First Post
what im curious about is say you are a warlock and have a rod of corruption in one hand and a rod of reaving in the other, would the mass curse also be accompanied with the reavings damage (would be bane to all minions lol)? another thing for that matter if you want to time it perfectly could you have a rod of corruption in one hand and a rod of harvest in the other, and store the effect that the rod of corruption triggers into the rod of harvest, switch the corruption for the reaving and then choose when to trigger the combo mentioned in the first question? now this is all just assuming rods, im sure there are other combos out there but the rods are the first thing that readily comes to mind as i dont play a wizard...yet.

Danceofmasks

First Post
I don't think it does. Uncertain, so don't quote me on it.
Since rod of corruption says it transfers your curse, you're not placing it. Therefore reaving doesn't trigger again.

Remove ads