• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dual Wand Weilder

mikebr99

Explorer
Goldmoon said:
I want to play a character that centers around weilding 2 wands. Any advice on class, level and feat progression? Also, can you actually get off more that 2 spells in a round at higher levels with wands?
The Incantatrix PrC... at 5th level gets the class ability to apply metamagic feats to spell trigger items, at the cost of more charges.

So, for 5 charges you can quicken a spell of of one of the wands... and then empower the other two for 3 charges each. etc.

costly... but fun!

A gestalt Incantatrix/rogue... dual wand weilding... meta'ing spells out the ying yang... and sneak attacking, is really a sight to behold. Wands don't last very long though. ;)

Mike

Thurbane

First Post
mikebr99 said:
The Incantatrix PrC... at 5th level gets the class ability to apply metamagic feats to spell trigger items, at the cost of more charges.

So, for 5 charges you can quicken a spell of of one of the wands... and then empower the other two for 3 charges each. etc.

costly... but fun!

A gestalt Incantatrix/rogue... dual wand weilding... meta'ing spells out the ying yang... and sneak attacking, is really a sight to behold. Wands don't last very long though. ;)

Mike
Nice pickup. That PrC would suit this character concept perfectly! :)

Goldmoon

First Post
Thurbane said:
Nice pickup. That PrC would suit this character concept perfectly! :)

Agreed, excellent suggestion! I know the wands wont last long if I keep upping the charges so Ill just have to make sure to save most of my gold for wands. Also, Ill have to make a lot of them. Tack on dodge and mobility and I should be able to cause major meyham around the battlefield.

The_Warlock

Explorer
mikebr99 said:
The Incantatrix PrC...

Well, phooey... I run FR, I completely forgot they could apply metamagic to items. Good damn call.

Wands don't last very long though. ;)

See if your GM would allow access to Malhavoc Press' Book of Eldritch Might. It has an item (wondrous, I think), called a Wandwrap. You place it around a wand, and it uses it's charges rather than the wands. Keeping one or two on hand may allow you to keep using "That wand" which proves most effective against the current foe (but is sorely low on charges) until you can make it safely back to town and craft new ones.

The_Warlock

Explorer
Goldmoon said:
If only there were a feat that let me burn spell slots to power wands. Anyone ever heard of one?

Yes, unfortunately, it's Epic (from the ELH/Epic SRD)...

Master Wand [Epic]
Prerequisite: Craft Wand, Spellcraft 15 ranks.
Benefit: When you activate a wand, you can substitute a spell slot instead of using a charge. The spell slot must be one you have not used for the day, though you may lose a prepared spell to emulate a wand charge (you may not lose prepared spells from your school of specialty, if any). The spell slot lost must be equal to or higher in level than the spell stored in the wand, including any level-increasing metamagic enhancements.

Claudius Gaius

First Post
There's a couple of ways to do it in Eclipse, as well as a selection of expansions on making spell storing items. I suspect that you'll soon find yourself in a cash crunch though.

Quidam

First Post
Be sure to check out Dungeonscape. In the tools section there is a wand bracer that holds five wands. There's also a weapon/shield property that allows you to attach a wand to said weapon or shield, and that wand is considered readied as long as the weapon or shield is.

My warlock is going to have two gauntlets and a buckler modified in such a fashion, giving him access to three wands while having both hands free and threatening an area with the gauntlets. Combine that with ten wands on tap from two wand bracers and you've got a *lot* of wands that are only a swift action or less away.

Remove ads