• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Duck Stats

fusangite

First Post
Well, in the last episode of the D&D campaign in which I play, my character's familiar was reincarnated as a duck. Our group lacks duck stats. Can anybody direct me to stats for a mundane duck, ideally a mallard?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Mark CMG said:
Try using the Wild Rooster stats from Fiery Dragon's Unfamiliar Familiars, but change the "rake" to a "bite" ...

More like "nibble". The real question is - what benefit do you get out of having a duck as a familiar? You don't get wet in the rain? :)

Cabled

First Post
Mebbe not as bad as it sounds

Bonus to swim skill? For traditionally low strength mages, this might not be all that bad a deal.

Grunj

First Post
Go with a muscovy. They should get a bonus to STR from their size and a minus to CHA from their appearance.

Do me a huge favor. Rename the familiar "Glorantha." Please.

JustKim

First Post
Ducks are pretty harmless. Pecking birds like chickens are hard wired for violence and despite their size they can hurt you. Free range chickens often peck each other to death. Geese are known for having a mean pinch in defense of their young, but they're also twice the size of ducks. I don't believe ducks have the muscle needed to really pinch down and I know they can be hand fed without complaint. Their beaks are designed for shoveling.

I wouldn't give a duck any kind of attack, personally.

Abisashi

First Post
JustKim said:
I wouldn't give a duck any kind of attack, personally

Seeing as your avatar looks like it is wearing a duck helmet and is surrounded by ducks, I think you are spreading lies so that we are unprepared for the duck take-over!

Last edited:

Slife

First Post
JustKim said:
Ducks are pretty harmless. Pecking birds like chickens are hard wired for violence and despite their size they can hurt you. Free range chickens often peck each other to death. Geese are known for having a mean pinch in defense of their young, but they're also twice the size of ducks. I don't believe ducks have the muscle needed to really pinch down and I know they can be hand fed without complaint. Their beaks are designed for shoveling.

I wouldn't give a duck any kind of attack, personally.

You should be more worried about them hitting you with their wings. I've heard that swans can break your arm.

Oh, and the duck should be able to fly.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads