• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DUNDJINNI 1.07 Patch Released!!!

Kepli Sire

First Post
He he ... yeah, I am a webmaster at DJE now ;) :D

DJ seems to be a bit faster now.

Weird that you mention Photoshop, because in my experience PS is unable to handle the same size maps as well as DJ can. I tried using some filters on a full DJ map (I have an 2Gb internal memory XP machine) and it just couldn't. Besides that, it takes ages to pick, place, rotate and scale all the images you want in a map using PS. But ... of course PS can do a lot more than DJ can, but that's because DJ was made for making maps and adventures, not drawing art ;)
We are working on DJ2 though and that one can do a loooot more :cool:

If you haven't installed DJ atm, you best install everything you have first (including art-packs) and then upgrade to v1.0.7 (using all the patches up to that version).

Hope to see you soon on the DJ forums :D

DRGNMSR

Villager
I'm trying to install it but its sending me back the error that there doesn't seem to be an existing installation of Dundjinni on this computer. I even copied it to the folder where its installed to see if that would help it see it, but no luck.
Did you ever get this fixed? I am having the same issue.

Stormonu

Legend
Wow! Blast from the past.

I got the application to work at one time on Windows 10, but I've long since moved off to other more modern programs (DungeonFog, Dungeondraft, Campaign Cartographer - Dungeon Designer). I tried to see if it works now, but I am getting nothing. I thought it might be possible to get it working by manipulating the jar file or using parameters ("large memory 1024" comes to mind), but I only see an executable with 1.07, and no jar file to be found.

Stormonu

Legend
Okay, a bit more fitzing ... I got this running by changing the compatibility to Windows 98/ME, 16 bit color & running as administrator.

However, I already had it installed - if it won't install, you may have to run the installer in compatibility mode, or extract the files from the installer individually and manually build the install.

DRGNMSR

Villager
Well, so far I have been able to get it to update to 1.06, but it won't go to 1.07. I have the jar file for updating it from 1.06 to 1.07, but it won't launch, it just errors. And, yes, I am at Windows 10. When I tried to change the dundjinni executable compatibility to Windows 98/ME, 16 bit color & running as administrator, it would error out or load back to 1.04 again for some reason. Unfortunately, the jar installer won't run in Compatability mode.

Remove ads