• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeon #107/Polyhedron #166

tmaaas

First Post
Well, I just received Dungeon #107, and haven’t seen any other posts about it. So either I’m the first one, or really behind.

But just in case, here’s whats in it:

-----

Mellorn Hospitality by Russell Brown.
A wilderness/dungeon adventure for levels 6-10. 17 pages.

“Every seven years, the elven village of Mellorell hosts the Festival of Life, an opportunity to trade, shop, and celebrate with the folk of nearby lands. But a dark secret that could cost the life of fairgoers draws the heroes into a plot that leads all the way to Hades.”

-----

Test of the Smocking Eye (Adventure Path!) by David Noonan.
A planar adventure for levels 6-10. 31 pages.

The Shackled City Adventure Path continues! The Cagewights continue their manipulations of the city of Cauldron, making the PCs their latest pawns in a gambit that leads all the way to the Abyss. The heroes must complete the test of a deposed demon lord to ensure the safety of Cauldron and all its citizens.

-----

Maps of Mystery:
Cyromancer’s Icicle Tower by Christopher West.
Chasm Crossing.

-----

Critical Threats:
Evard, Debased Information Broker (World of Greyhawk).

Comics:
Downer

===============================
Polyhedron #166
===============================

First Watch: Player’s Guide to the Wilderlands[/] by Necromancer Games/Sword & Sorcery Studies.

RPGA News

Global Positioning: Public High School by Christopher West.

-----

Dead Man’s Quest by Graeme Davis.
A Freeport (D&D) adventure for 1st level characters. 19 pages.

Living pirates are a common enough hazard around the islands known as the Serpent’s Teeth. A dead one is even more trouble—especially when his treasure has been stolen.

Looks like there are effectively three adventures in “Dungeon” this issue. It’s pretty, though. Nice layout and art.

-----

Monster Hunting the Department-7 Way by Rich Redman.
10 pages.

D20 Modern and Urban Arcana heroes will want to consult this handy guide to dealing with Shadow expressions.

Last edited:

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Thanks for the listing. It's amusing that they're trying to deceive us with the number of adventures in this issue, sneaking one into Polyhedron! ;)

Which # of the Adventure Path is this? 5 or 6? I've lost track! (I'm also a couple of issues behind subscribers...)

Cheers!

bbarrington

First Post
MerricB said:
Thanks for the listing. It's amusing that they're trying to deceive us with the number of adventures in this issue, sneaking one into Polyhedron! ;)

Which # of the Adventure Path is this? 5 or 6? I've lost track! (I'm also a couple of issues behind subscribers...)

Cheers!

It's the 5th. It's also really strange... A real curve ball after the way the 4th ended.

Alaric_Prympax

First Post
OK, I was getting worried about Issue #107, I haven't gotten my copy yet and I was in my FLGS and they had it. I thought that subscribers got their copies before the stores. I was going to call Paizo to let them know that I hadn't received my copy. After reading your post tmaaas I should be receiving it sometime this coming week.

johnsemlak

First Post
MerricB said:
It's amusing that they're trying to deceive us with the number of adventures in this issue, sneaking one into Polyhedron!
I guess it's in polyhedron because it's a freeport adventure, though I'm not sure exactly what the reasoning is.

Last edited:

deadboydex

Explorer
johnsemlak said:
I guess it's in polyhedron because it's a freeport adventure, though I'm not sure exactly what the reasoning is.

It's support for a non-WOTC, non-D&D d20 product.

Yes, it's d20 and fantasy. No, it's not D&D, because Freeport isn't an officially licensed D&D product like, say, Warcraft or Kingdoms of Kalamar. Thus, support goes in Polyhedron.

That's my best guess, anyway. Maybe this will lay the ground for expanded non-WOTC d20 support in Polyhedron. I'd love to see some adventures or articles for, say, Nyambe, Gamma World, Traveller^20 or Arcana Unearthed.

Darrin Drader

Explorer
deadboydex said:
It's support for a non-WOTC, non-D&D d20 product.

Maybe this will lay the ground for expanded non-WOTC d20 support in Polyhedron. I'd love to see some adventures or articles for, say, Nyambe, Gamma World, Traveller^20 or Arcana Unearthed.

I agree that this is a very cool development. I would very much like to see Poly start incorporating adventures from other settings. It would be the true D20 magazine that I envisioned when I first heard about it. So as long as we're thinking pie in the sky here, I'd like to put in a vote for adventures for Oathbound... and Midnight.

Corinth

First Post
Hell, I still haven't gotten #106. #107's been at the FLGS for two weeks. I've notifed Paizo of the problem; as I'm aware of the backlog, I'm not surprised as the slow response.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads