• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeon #110

rrealm

First Post
Mighty Halfling said:
Hello there,
I'm the actual author of the module in question here. It was called "Buzz in the Bridge" and appeared in Dungeon No. 110, not No. 105. By coincidence, my other published adventure, "Racing the Snake," appeared in issue No. 105.

My apologies – I didn’t realize that until a few hours after I got home last night. I found issue 110, and noticed you wrote one in 105. I grabbed it and read part of it but decided it wasn’t what I needed. Then I went to bed and before I took off to work, I grabbed 105, not 110 since 105 was laying on top because I was reading “Racing the Snakes” before falling asleep.

rrealm

First Post
I am going to have the giant heal up which takes a few days so the halfling village can suffer a bit more and get irritated at the PCs for the lack of promptness to a remedy. The PCs will probably go and harass the giants to “get a move on it” before fully healed though. When the giants do get around to moving the bees, they will try to smoke out the bees like they did before. However the wind defeats them every time. They decide to make more smoke than what the wind can blow around – a raging inferno waiting to happen – and a wooden bridge within close proximity.

This time around, the giants take any lip from the PCs and they won’t fight fair. When the PCs start yelling at the giants, and telling them how to move the bees – “Don’t do it like that, do it like this.” The giants will rebuttal and remind the PCs that they never told them how or where to move the bees.

Speaking of where…. Where would the giants want to put the bees? They don’t want the prior spot as it is inconvenient to get there. A friend suggested to have the giants march into town and put the queen and the wax in the biggest building in town just to irk the PCs and villagers for getting beat up. Revenge without a TPK. Of course the bees will buzz around mad to the world. Also, adding another giant or two (big brother(s) of the one who got beat up – he/they was/were hunting or something which is why he/they wasn’t/weren’t around when the PCs encountered them) to make an emphasis that violence isn’t the solution to everything.

Mighty Halfing: Do you have other wilderness modules in Dungeon or similar magazines? Or eBooks or the like?

My next adventure, I’d really like to put the ranger of the group in the spot light since he has few opportunities. Something with lots of trails, and animals to do handle animal checks on.

Your plan with the giants sounds like a good one.
I would say the best place for the bees would be in the Lindley town hall or the winery. Both are big enough and both put them close to their food. Remember that unlike wasps, bees build their hives inside things. Giant Bees would therefore look for a nice cozy place like a building, cave mouth or giant-sized tree.
Right now, I've only published "Racing the Snake" and the adventure you're running now. The folks at "Dungeon" are editing a third adventure, with projected publication in issue No. 118.
Given your reduced party size, "Racing the Snake" (Dungeon No. 105) might work for your group. I doubt you'd have to change it much other than a few of the suggestions from the "Scaling the Adventure" section. There are several instances where a Ranger's Survival skill helps, but he doesn't perform anything too spectacular. (Basically he just finds short cuts for the group.)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads