• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeon #112 has arrived

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
dead said:
Is this a "Return to Maure Castle"? In other words, does it take the Maure Castle adventure and put it in the current 592 C.Y. Greyhawk timeline or does it not really address the fact that time has past and that the adventurers in WG5 have plundered it?

This is indeed a "Return to" style adventure. It assumes that the original WG5 has already happened, and takes place at the current time in Greyhawk.

Joshua Randall said:
I wonder if the castle will still contain
that one random wizardling who is so desperate to cast his "fire bomb" (fireball) that he has a fairly high chance to flub it and set it off at point-blank range?
That always cracked me up in the original Fantastic Adventure.

Actually, that's a fairly major point in the history of one of the NPC's in the adventure.

Liolel

First Post
I have the issue its very nice. I was surprised when I noticed nestled in the description of one of the magic items a mention to the para elemental planes. I had thought those had disapeared in the 3.x planar cosmololgy. Very nice although I would never run a dungeon crawl this long at the current time.

Ketjak

Malicious GM
Elminster needs a good bout with lung cancer

dargoth3 said:

Is the new Dungeon going to feature more frequent and regular FR modules?

I hear where going to see another FR module in 113 however the last one Forest of Blood was in Dungeon 103 which will be Ten issue or a 10+ Month gap between modules

Im not asking for an FR module in every issue but I would like to see one every 2-3 issues

The dozens of published supporting materials aren't enough source for you to create your own adventures? F'n Realms, indeed.

trollwad

First Post
zoroaster100 said:
I got my copy today and really enjoyed reading the adventure. As long as it was I ended up virtually reading the whole thing in one sitting because I found it really interesting to read. Great work! A question for those familiar with the original adventure, however... in the orginal did Mordenkainen play any direct role in the adventure as an NPC? Just curious, since I never read the original. Oh, and by the way, one of my favorite things about this adventure is the presentation of so many "new" monsters, magic items, artifacts, etc. Oh, another question: where is the Beastial cleric domain from, and the spell whirlwind of teeth? Are these from Complete Divine?

In the original, Mordenkainen was the PC! If you mean, in the original to be played by the consumer's gaming group, then no, mordenkainen played no part (this isnt forgotten realms, mordenkainen doesnt pull all the strings and smoke a pipe).

Frost

First Post
Any future conversions of previous edition modules will also be met with an "instant buy" from me. I have all of these old modules sitting on my shelf just waiting for me to get around to converting them. I would pay good money to have it done in Dungeon for me.
This goes for me as well. I used to have a subscription to Dungeon back in the day. I cancelled for the simple reason that there was no way I could run all the adventures I was getting, so I couldn't justify buying it anymore.

However, I have to say, I couldn't resist this "revisit" and will buy any others that Dungeon puts out. Issue #112 is fantastic. Good work, Erik!

GrayPumpkin

First Post
Add to me the list of folks who’d love more “conversions/expansions” of classic adventures. Dungeon 112 was a top-notch issue, my favorite by far in quite some time, so a very hearty interest from me at least to see more of the same in the future.

martynq

Explorer
Ketjak said:
The dozens of published supporting materials aren't enough source for you to create your own adventures? F'n Realms, indeed.
I can create my own adventures, but I'm mainly interested in buying stuff that adds Realmslore.

Martyn

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads