• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeon #115 is here

thalmin

Retired game store owner
We just received Dungeon Magazine #115. Here's what's inside:

Adventures:
Raiders of Black Ice by Wofgang Baur
Bracing for a terrible winter, the adventurers find themselves snow-locked in the desolate Archbarony of Blackmoor. Will they venture into the treacherous Land of Black Ice to rescue an enslaved peolple? A D&D adventure for 3rd-level characters. 19 pages, including 2 half-page maps.

Steel Shadows by Keith Baker
A killer is stalking the warforged of Sharn. Some say the murderer is a vengeful spirit, while others blame human bigotry and fear. Can the adventurers expose the truth that lies hidden in the depths of Sharn? A D&D Eberron adventure for 7th-level characters. 17 pages, including 2 half-page maps.

Strike on Shatterhorn by Christopher Perkins
The pulse-pounding conclusion to the Shackled City Adventure Path was so awesomely huge we had to split it into two parts. The eleven-adventure storyline enters its penultimate chapter as the heroes track the remaining Cagewrights to the ruined yuan-ti stronghold Shatterhorn. A D&D Shackeld City Adventure Path adventure for 18th-level characters. 25 pages, including 1 half-page and 2 full-page maps. Includes 3 new feats (Contagious Paralysis, Improved Fiendish Servent, and Improved Paralysis), 2 new spells (Shaddow Dagger, Shaddow Puppetter), and 4 new magic items (Lesser Amulet of the Planes, Blackstone Rune, Ring of Thirteen, Serpent's Eye.)

Cartoons:
Mt. Zogon
The Portent
Downer

Columns:
Editorial - What Defines Greatness Erik talks about a classic, Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil, and says next issue will list Dungeon's official list of the "30 Greatest D&D Adventures of All Times."

Dungeoncraft Mastering the Game, Starting a New Campaign (Part 2) by Monte Cook. Who's going to play in the campaign, and how to handle them.

Wil Save Electric Boogaloo by Wil Wheaton. Wil reflects on his experiences playing games as a kid and as an adult.

Campaign Workbook
The Cast Fences and Dealers by Frank Brunner. Who to see to sell the loot.

The City Fifty Fairs and Markets by Richard Pett. Festival markets for some shopping variety.

The Dungeon Passages into Darkness - Doors and Gates by Mike Mearls. Not traps, but interesting doors and barriers.

The Journey Sylvan Ambushes by Frank Brunner. A couple of surprise encounters for wooded areas.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Next Month in Dungeon

The preview of November's Dungeon #116:

Glance 30 years into the pastwith "The 30 Greatest D&D Adventures of All Time," a list of classic adventures ranked by an all-star panel of judges including Ed Greenwood, Christopher Perkins, Bruce Cordell, and Monte Cook!

Palace of the Twisted King by Philip Larwood
A blistering sandstorm finally breaks, revealing a moribund ruin long shrouded by the desert sands. Its crumbling walls might provide respite from the terrible winds, but the keep's ancient meenlock master has a special bed for visitors - his grisly operating table. A D&D adventure for 5th-level characters.

The Death of Lashimire by Tim Hitchcock
The Infamous psion Lashimire is dead, leaving an undefended fortress ripe for looting. But the PCs soon discover they aren't the only ones after Lashimire's fabled treasure when they begin to encounter bands of githyanki in search of a missing silver sword. A D&D adventure for 12th-level characters.

Asylum by Christopher Perkins
In the final chapter of the Shackled City Adventure Path, the heroes venture to the Prison Plane of Carceri. There they do battle with surviving Cagewrights, duplicitous demodands, and the mad demon lord Adimarchus himself. A D&D Shackled City Adventure Path adventure for 19th level characters.

Ahrimon

Bourbon and Dice
Hey Thalmin,
Can I order this from you? I looked around your site, but I didn't see much anything for online ordering. If so, can I get it post-haste? :)

Thanks

Ahrimon

LeapingShark

First Post
I'm eager to read Wolfgang Baur's adventure (esteemed author of the the "enworld-famous" classic, Kingdom of the Ghouls :lol: )

(Sure would love to have a 4th adventure in lieu of all the Dragon-like columns and workbook articles, but oh well, they can't please everyone :D )

Last edited:

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Ahrimon said:
Hey Thalmin,
Can I order this from you? I looked around your site, but I didn't see much anything for online ordering. If so, can I get it post-haste? :)

Thanks

Ahrimon
I'm sorry, but we don't have online ordering. We are a brick & mortar store, although we do some mail order. Ordering info can be found on this page.
In fairness, the magazine should be at your FLGS within a day or so, if they don't have it already.

Ahrimon

Bourbon and Dice
thalmin said:
I'm sorry, but we don't have online ordering. We are a brick & mortar store, although we do some mail order. Ordering info can be found on this page.
In fairness, the magazine should be at your FLGS within a day or so, if they don't have it already.

Unfortunately my FLGS relies on the government sending stuff to Europe. So, we're about a month behind. Thanks anyway though.

Ahrimon

Gez

First Post
If TalonComics is still around, you could order from him. It makes a long time I haven't seen him post.

Remove ads