• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeon #148

ericlboyd

Explorer
Shemeska said:
Just got mine today but haven't had a chance to read it in depth yet.

However I have to say kudos to Eric Boyd. Some nice little touches in the Wells of Darkness like mentioning Gargauth of the Faerunian pantheon in the entry for Astaroth, then the one member of the Olympian pantheon in the wells, etc. The lich varrangoin were creepy and I approve.

More comments later (at work till 3am).

Glad you liked it. I look forward to further feedback from you and others.

--Eric

Read Wells of Darkness yesterday. I don't ever want to run a high-level D&D game (way too many numbers), but I'm definitely going to keep your depiction of speaking to an imprisoned demon god in the back of my mind. Very spooky.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
*three*
Eric,

You'll have to wait a while until I can find a copy of this on shelves. I'm done ordering from Paizo for now. (Not in the "I will never order again!" but in the "I got no money to pay for the shipping AND the cost!)

Nightfall said:
*three*
Eric,

You'll have to wait a while until I can find a copy of this on shelves. I'm done ordering from Paizo for now. (Not in the "I will never order again!" but in the "I got no money to pay for the shipping AND the cost!)

Okay, what's with the number thing?

James Jacobs

Adventurer
heh...

Just so no one freaks out TOO bad... I just noticed a fun little error in Iggwilv's stat block. It's alas too late to fix, but even if it were... I'd be tempted to let it go.

Basically... she's got 8-sided hit dice rather than 4-sided ones. Which means she's got a lot more hit points than a 30th level wizard should. In print, she's got like 345 hp, but she should have had only 285 hp. A difference of 60 hp. But then again, for a CR 30 encounter, though, she's got a lot FEWER hit points than she should, so it all works out.

And if anyone in Dungeon should have more hit points than they should, it's Iggwilv, right?

Razz

Banned
Banned
Oooh, 30th-level Wizard, interesting. No prestige classes or anything, just straight up epic-level Wizard? Interesting to see a single-class NPC that high. Both DMs with their monsters and NPCs, and PCs have a rather hard time staying single-classed...

...and that's because of all the really cool class and prestige classes out there. :D (I mean that, it's nice to have a lot of options and uniqueness to the tables)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads