• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeon Board Game - October 2012

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Game Official Home Page - Product (Dungeon!)

dnd_products_dndacc_dungeonbg_pic3_en.jpg

Dungeon!
Board Game
Wizards RPG Team

A classic board game of dungeon exploration returns!

Dungeon! is a fast-paced game where you and your friends can decide which way to go in the hunt for bigger and better treasure.

Will you stick to level 1 and clear out the Goblins and Kobolds? Or will you delve deep into level 6 and set your sights on the Purple Worm or the Red Dragon? Along the way, you’ll have to face off against such iconic monsters as the Black Pudding, the Drow, and even the Owlbear!

Featuring simple, straightforward rules that are easy to learn, Dungeon! is perfect for a fantasy game night, or a warm-up before your next epic game of D&D!

Item Details
Release Date: October 12, 2012
Format: Board game
Price: $19.99
ISBN: 978-0-7869-6298-3

WheresMyD20

First Post
Yes!! I love this game! I got it for Christmas when I was a kid and it's responsible for getting me into D&D. I'm really glad it's coming back. Definitely picking the new one up.

Going to miss the old Erol Otus art, though:

dungeonfront.jpg

Serendipity

Explorer
That's actually by Jim Roslof (you can see his signature in the left corner) though having owned that precise edition of the game, I do recall some good old Otus art in the rules I think. Good times.
If this is functionally the same game, I'm going to have to pick this up.

patrick y.

First Post
Anybody know what that monster on the old box is even supposed to be? I'd call it a manticore, if the manticore were equal parts scorpion, moldy bat, and Dr. Zoidberg.

Mercutio01

First Post
That's excellent. I know what's going to the top of my Christmas list this year. I have been looking for a used copy to play with my daughters for awhile, but I didn't really want to use a collectible copy in everyday play. Now I'll be able do both!

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
I'm a bit confused. First we had an announcement about this game that is declared a hoax by WotC and then, immediately after, the game is really announced after all? :confused:

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I've got the original version of the game (which predates the one linked above), but I'll be getting one for my family and one for my brother's -- he and I played endless games of "clean out" -- clearing out the whole dungeon instead of just reaching the victory conditions and heading back to the entrance -- in middle school and high school, and it's time to indoctrinate the next generation.

Remove ads