Dungeon Command are Card hands & combat cards visible to all players?

Fire Brand

First Post
Thanx again! yeah the confusion comes from learning/playing solo where all cards not in a deck are face up so there is no cards in hand (and limited space on a regular card table with all cards on one side. it may be easier to have them on opposite edges however the card table(s) are only accessible from the front.

one odd thing is the two commanders aren’t very balanced in the Undeath pack. Mrogana has better morale leadership and order card values.

The other thing is they have two vampire order cards but they have to separate them in half for single faction pack play and one faction has no vampires. I’m quoting from memory its not in front of me.

I made some mistakes early on last night but caught myself.

I own CoU and BoG. do you have all of them and if so which is your favorite in terms of flavor and gameplay. or which do you have the most success with?

I like the two that I have. BoG is more fun so far and has no INT abilities lol. I expect CoU to be more interesting when I get into it more. nothing you can do about that limp skeletal lancer spear lol a cool mini otherwise.

Thanx again for attacking the time to explain the game!

I’m anxious to do a video or more on it. I may show the rulebook minis and all cards in sep videos. the info I like to see. audience retention is high when I show printed rules in my board game vids. the middle of gameplay is very low. thought about just showing an overview start middle and end fo games.

Jhaelen

First Post
You're correct that the Commanders often aren't particularly well-balanced. Playing with half-factions is even less balanced and imho only to be recommeded as a quicky and easy introduction into the game.
I think it's important to remember that the game is meant to be customizable, i.e. create your own warbands and action card decks from all the sets you have available.

I don't have a single favorite. I like both Blood of Gruumsh and Tyranny of Goblins because they work very well out of the box. I also like Curse of Undeath because I'm a fan of all things undead. I felt that it showed that the Sting of Lolth and Heart of Cormyr were the first sets to be released. But iirc, Sting of Lolth was a very successful basis for tournament warbands. Ultimately, all factions have some strong creatures and action cards.

Fire Brand

First Post
I suppose They designed the unbalanced commanders to add variety but mostly to challenge players to build war bands that work in spite of the commanders low values(?)

good to know about single FP's. I played with BoG first and it was fun and balanced primarily because orcs are orcs so it was like a scrimmage game ; no INT in the box lol

I also got CoU because of the theme. I got both to use primarily with the D&D Adventure System games so didn't want a a lot of duplicates. It seemed ToG had the most.

interesting about SoL being a tourney designed WB. Makes sense they would plan that way considering original D&D Minis. I guess they got away form that idea. but its nice the line lasted for enough FP's and they can be used with the ASBG's

I played a little bit of CoU vs CoU to get a feel for them this way you can play most of the cards.

I have to play CoU vs BoG and a combo or two.

one thing I did to familiarize myself with the game and may put it in a vid was to separate the cards by abilities to see how many there were of each and the synergy.

its easy enough to figure out but they should have called Order card types Standard Attack (which is more like Standard Attack Damage) Immediate Defense (Immediate Interrupt Damage Reduction Defense lol) and minor what WotC calls quick action I'd add 'utilities' to follow the 4e D&D design.

Remove ads