• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeon Crawl Classics Adventure Campaign (OOC)

Gray Shade

First Post
Ferrix said:
an abjurer needs to select two prohibited schools. Only a diviner can select one school.

Thanks, Ferrix. Good catch. :heh: <grumble, stupid 3.5, mumble> ;)

Okay, check out the new and (hopefully) accurate Wiliby, above. I just posted over the old one, and I added a couple sentences to his history and description.

Ferrix

Explorer
Gray Shade said:
Thanks, Ferrix. Good catch. :heh: <grumble, stupid 3.5, mumble> ;)

I generally find that specialized wizards lose far more than they gain by specializing in a school of magic. Especially the higher the characters level, the versatility of the wizard's spell selection at high levels is what makes them quite powerful. Losing access to two full schools of magic hits them quite hard with little benefit.

Krago o'the Mountain said:
Peter,

How do you use minis in a PBP game? Digital photography?

Care to share an example?

Thanks,
Krago

Check out my PBP Post #22 and the attached thumbnail, and then a few posts later at #32. (You can follow the whole combat in a 10 post series- 6th level PCs against a Troll and a pair of Krenshar.

I use a layered graphic system I made in Paint Shop Pro. The bottom layer is blank white. The next layer is 'terrain' and I can just change it to whatever and save it to whatever. It could be a dungeon room, an outdoor scene, or whatever I like. The next layer is a number-letter grid. Players can say what square they go to. Like "I run to H9".

Then the top layer is the "miniatures" just disc-shaped graphic counters.

I manipulate the map by going to the miniature layer, using the lasso tool, and moving it on the grid. Because it uses layers, it doesn't disturb anything underneath. If I need "destructible terrain", I can do that too - just by jumping to the terrain layer.

When it's done, I 'flatten' the graphic (to merge all of the layers and reduced the kb of the graphic) and 'save-as' with the name and the round number of the battle (this naming convention also organizes the archive of the battle in order). Then I just upload it.

So we can doo all of the threatened squares, AoO stuff just fine. The only issue I have is I only post the map once per combat. So if a guy says "I run to H9 and cast my spell" but I had the troll move first in initiative, and he happens to have moved right into the threat zone of that square, I'll let the guy rethink where he wants to go.

Last edited:

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Ferrix said:
Lord_Raven88

Your rogue can't have 4 ranks in Knowledge (dungeoneering) as it's not a class skill. He'd have two cross-class ranks (bought at the equivalent of 4 normal ranks).
D@mn, I missed that. Thanks for that Ferrix

Peter said:
Check out my PBP Post #22 and the attached thumbnail, and then a few posts later at #32. (You can follow the whole combat in a 10 post series- 6th level PCs against a Troll and a pair of Krenshar.

I use a layered graphic system I made in Paint Shop Pro. The bottom layer is blank white. The next layer is 'terrain' and I can just change it to whatever and save it to whatever. It could be a dungeon room, an outdoor scene, or whatever I like. The next layer is a number-letter grid. Players can say what square they go to. Like "I run to H9".

Then the top layer is the "miniatures" just disc-shaped graphic counters.

I manipulate the map by going to the miniature layer, using the lasso tool, and moving it on the grid. Because it uses layers, it doesn't disturb anything underneath. If I need "destructible terrain", I can do that too - just by jumping to the terrain layer.

When it's done, I 'flatten' the graphic (to merge all of the layers and reduced the kb of the graphic) and 'save-as' with the name and the round number of the battle (this naming convention also organizes the archive of the battle in order). Then I just upload it.

So we can doo all of the threatened squares, AoO stuff just fine. The only issue I have is I only post the map once per combat. So if a guy says "I run to H9 and cast my spell" but I had the troll move first in initiative, and he happens to have moved right into the threat zone of that square, I'll let the guy rethink where he wants to go.

Great stuff, Peter! Thanks for sharing! I doubt I'll be able to cook up anything quite so fancy, but I have some thoughts about how to graphically represent combat positions. I've seen some games on the boards that use a scanner and MSPaint to do it, and I think I could manage something like that.

-Krago

Sargon the Kassadian said:
Me too...kinda long as well. doh!
BTW...my charact may go fighter/sorceror for next level if that's ok

Sargon, when I click the link to your character sheet, I get an error message that tells me it cannot be shown.

Can you paste the sheet here on this thread as the others have done? That would help me a lot!

Thanks,
Krago

Hey guys,

I'm close to making my decisions now, I just need to see what Lefferts and Sargon the Kassadian have to offer before I make the choice.

With so many great applicants already (7 posted and 2 pending), at this point, any newcomers will have to go on the alternates list only.

Thanks,
Krago

Tonguez,

I just realized your character's sheet is missing a lot of info.

Skills, equipment, favored enemy, etc.

Also, the ability scores only total a 28 point buy.

Please revise.

Thanks,
Krago

Remove ads