Kickstarter Dungeon Crawler KickStarter Launched for Kraken Miniature

Alarian

First Post
Yea, I loved it. I'm loving all your sculpts. I'm really hoping the campaign starts to take off again. I really would like to see some of the higher pledge levels become available.

dafrca

First Post
I went for the Kraken, but I admit I would love to see more of the minis make it. The blank bases are also interesting to me. I love rebasing my clicky stuff and could use bases.

Alarian

First Post
I actually risked the wrath of my wife last night and upped my pledge to put us over 24K. I was very dismayed today to log on and see us back about $400 below that mark. I don't really understand why people keep dropping out when there is still over 2 weeks left to go.

greyhaze

First Post
We're actually wondering the same thing. We're definitely on a see-saw of some kind. And still below the support level we were anticipating... so, hopefully there is a turn around over the next couple of weeks (days) as people that get paid monthly can get on board too.

MatthewJHanson

Registered Ninja
Publisher
I'm really surprised (and disappointed) that this kickstarter has slowed down so much. It took off great and all of a sudden it's kind of come to a crawl. The Mini's look awesome. I'm not really sure what happened. I would love to open up some of the higher mini's. Especially the Botanimoth! I would pledge more, but I'm already in at Pandemonium and I'm going to be in trouble with the wife when she sees the charge on the credit card (once it's too late! haha).

That's the Kickstarter S-curve. It's pretty typical for campaigns to start off really fast, slow down, and then end really fast. I this project follows the patter, things will continue at this pace until about five days before the end of the campaign, and then things will pick up steam again.

crazy_cat

Adventurer
We're actually wondering the same thing. We're definitely on a see-saw of some kind. And still below the support level we were anticipating... so, hopefully there is a turn around over the next couple of weeks (days) as people that get paid monthly can get on board too.
Personally I find the KS campaign and the way it is presented a bit too busy and confusing.

Your stretch goals add more choices rather than more minis to a particular pledge value (so it doesn't have critical mass to grow like the Reaper Bones KS did, or the DwarvenForge one seems to be) and the pricing structure seems to make picking up a few minis expensive as I have to pay $10 to get one mini and be allowed to then by add-ons (where four of that mini costs $15). Also the range offered isn't themed or coherent - so finding one mini you like is no guarantee any of the others will be of interest.

If you make it past $25K I'll be in for some Perytons, but until then there isn't anything else drawing me in.

greyhaze

First Post
That's fair. The shipping is the reason for the lower pledge levels being slightly higher than ordering just 1 mini.

We do have rewards that are being added as we reach stretch goals - now (added only recently).

Firespark (Kraken unpainted) and up will get a free matching 2x2 tentacle.

Netherworld and up will get 1 free KS paint for every 3 painted goal we reach.

Pandemonium already had this (every mini reached gets x1 copy), but now they will also get our stretch goal rewards.

Hope that helps, if the selection is not desirable, I'm stuck though!

crazy_cat

Adventurer
Hope that helps, if the selection is not desirable, I'm stuck though!
Thanks - and I really hope this KS works out.

But, I think you have hit the nail on the head there - ultimately this isn't a coherent or themed set of minis that I can buy into, or a known set of sculpts (like Reaper), it is a disparate collection of minis of which only the Peryton currently interests me. The Kraken is nice, but not something I can justify or use (not to mention being too big to just plonk on the gaming shelves as a thing to look at).

So I'm left with hoping the Perytons are funded as they are a classic D&D monster type that are very hard/expensive to get currently, and all that I'm realistically looking for that I don't already have from DDM, or in metal, or more recently from Pathfinder Battles that I've used to fill the gaps left.

greyhaze

First Post
Is pledging towards the Perytons so that they do get made something to consider?

I do find that a lot of people are holding off on pledging because the goal hasn't been reached yet, but that seems counter intuitive to me.

We're fairly close to that particular goal as well.

Oryan77

Adventurer
I do find that a lot of people are holding off on pledging because the goal hasn't been reached yet, but that seems counter intuitive to me.

I think that is because people are worried about pledging X amount of dollars towards a goal and then if that goal isn't met, they have to spend that money on other things that they may not have needed. Unless I misunderstand how Kickstarter works.

With the Reaper Kickstarter, there was so much that you got for your dollars right off the bat, that you could most likely find something else to spend your remaining pledge on if the goal that you pledged towards isn't reached. In the case of this DC Kickstarter, I've already pledged the amount that I wanted for all of the current goals (which was quite a bit) and there isn't much else to choose from if I over-pledged and needed to spend that money on what is currently available if the future goals are not reached. I don't believe I would get a refund on any money I pledged towards future goals that are not reached.

Remove ads