Dungeon Magazine Adventure Index

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
haiiro said:
Thanks for the praise. :)

If you (or anyone else who is using the index) find any problems, or have ideas for how improve it, let me know!

Haiiro, I just wanted to point out that the entry for "Temple of the Scorpion God" should have, in the "Notes" section, a line saying "Part 2, Shards of Eberron".

Psychic Warrior

First Post
haiiro said:
Thanks for the praise. :)

If you (or anyone else who is using the index) find any problems, or have ideas for how improve it, let me know!

First off - excellent work! Extremely handy as I share your frustration with having to thumb through every issue of Dungeon trying to find that adventure I read a year ago.

An idea I had was under the 'type' heading would there be a possibility to categorized each adventure by it's dominant theme? i.e. an all dungeon delving adventure could be under the 'dungeon' heading, in city adventures 'city', outdoors 'wilderness' etc. Mixed adventures would be labelled as such or have abbreviations DUN/WILD or CIT/WILD etc. What do you think?

haiiro

First Post
Alzrius: Good catch! I'll have to wait until I get home (this weekend) to fix that, but it's on my list. :)

Psychic Warrior: I thought about trying to include info about the terrain type/style of each adventure, but opted to wait a few days and see if it seemed necessary.

There are some drawbacks to the way AutoFilter works in Excel, too. For example, unlike a true database (where you could sort according to more sophisticated/customizable criteria -- something I don't know how to program!), if you want to filter for dungeon crawls, you couldn't use AutoFilter to show all three of these entries:

Dungeon
Dungeon/City
Dungeon/Wilderness

That bugs me -- but at the same time, it is useful information! I'm going to keep thinking about this one, and seeing if it comes up often in feedback. Thank you for the suggestion! :)

Remove ads