DUNGEON Magazine Monster Index!

Garnfellow

Explorer
Found a little more info on a 2nd edition floater . . .

A tiny psionic creature from Dark Sun (MC12). Doesn't sound much like the thing from Kingdom of the Ghouls.

As an aside, I am always blown away by the amount of monster information over at that World of Sulerin site (http://www.sulerin.com). That is one massive database.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Garnfellow said:
Is there an index somewhere of monsters from those Monstrous Compendium annuals? I never picked up any of them, but it sounds like there were some good monsters there -- mostly from Dragon Magazine, I guess.

Here you go :cool:

Attachments

• Annuals.xls
    112.5 KB · Views: 145

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Nope. I'm just checking the list as I index my Dungeons.

Incidentally, why is the tortle listed for issue #6? Sure, there's a adventure involving tortles, but as far as I can see, there isn't actually a stat block for a tortle included, except as part of a two-page "Combined Monster Statistics Table", and none of the other critters in that table were indexed (thankfully).

Similarly for issue #13. "Hivebrood" is listed in the index, and there is indeed one particular example of a hivemind (and several hiveleaders) in the adventure "Of Nests and Nations". However, there isn't a general statblock for any of the hivebrood creatures, so I'm not sure why they are listed?

Shade

Monster Junkie
Echohawk said:
Nope. I'm just checking the list as I index my Dungeons.

Incidentally, why is the tortle listed for issue #6? Sure, there's a adventure involving tortles, but as far as I can see, there isn't actually a stat block for a tortle included, except as part of a two-page "Combined Monster Statistics Table", and none of the other critters in that table were indexed (thankfully).

Similarly for issue #13. "Hivebrood" is listed in the index, and there is indeed one particular example of a hivemind (and several hiveleaders) in the adventure "Of Nests and Nations". However, there isn't a general statblock for any of the hivebrood creatures, so I'm not sure why they are listed?

Good questions. When I compiled the index, I asked for feedback and just included what folks posted. I'll fix those you mentioned, and if you find others, let me know. :)

Remove ads