• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeon Magazine Poll in Response to Jonny Wilson's statement

Do you want Dungeon to keep presenting game content like #100? (new Githyanki issue)

• Yes! I love the new issue and get rid of the Polyhedron, just make it all Dungeon from now on (with

Votes: 116 51.1%
  • Yes! Keep Polyhedron though.

Votes: 66 29.1%
  • No! I like Dungeon the way it is.

Votes: 38 16.7%
  • No! I want Dungeon to go an entirely new way (explain below)

Votes: 7 3.1%

RodneyThompson

First Post
Personally, I want to keep Polyhedron. I don't subscribe for Dungeon, I subscribe for Poly.

First, it's the only place to get official Star Wars material now in monthly format, and that is a huge deal to me and a lot of other gamers. Second, it's the best place to get regular d20 Modern content, a game which will really take off once companies start supporting it. Third, it's the only high-quality general d20 magazine out there. Frankly, there's more D&D material out there than there needs to be, and Poly helps fill a gap that D&D just doesn't have.

I don't want them to scrap Polyhedron because all that does is leave those of us with a general interest in d20 games out in the cold.

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
I've thought about this a bit. Dungeon is a great resource, and the best buy in RPGs. The thing I like about Polyhedron is the inclusion of the minigames. So, what if Dungeon went back to being all adventures, and the minigames were put out in a quarterly or semi-annual collection? Maybe even have some of them be OGL. The balance of Polyhedron's content could then become a leaner, monthly, exclusive magazine for RPGA members, sort of like it was originally. I know Polyhedron wasn't doing well; I guess the only recourse would be to reduce it down even more, or charge more for RPGA memberships. Still, Dungeon wasn't doing well either alone, and if Polyhedron helps it survive, then keep it.

Right now, I like the way Dungeon is. Issue 100 is pretty close to the best one I've seen, and I've been with it since the beginning also. However, I find that I do miss the old issues with non-slick white paper and black and white art. It makes the adventures easier to read and use. Perhaps the slick paper and color throughout helps increase circulation; I don't know. I'm guessing it does increase the cost of the magazine's printing, though. If anyone with the hard facts shows up, maybe they could tell us. Anway, if Dungeon reverted back to non-slick paper and b&w art, that'd be cool with me.

Just some random thoughts.

Starman

Adventurer
I happen to enjoy Polyhedron and I hope it sticks around. While the Hijinks game was not to my taste, I have really enjoyed the rest of the mini games (I would like to see more support for some of them). I also agree with Moridin in that I like the miscellaneous d20 content that Poly provides.

Starman

Skade

Explorer
One more vote for keeping Polyhedron in the magazine here. I have not gotten my copy of 100 yet (my subscription is usually late for some reason), and I'm sure the Githyanki pages are great, but Polyhedron is what got me into Dungeon. Though i have been playing for years, I have never used adventures and saw no reason to read the mag. Polyhedron pulled me in when the two joined, and now I thoroughly enjoy the both even if I rarely use any of it. Ployhedron presents some great ideas and alternatives to d20 based play, lately with an emphasis on the modern era or genres which DnD does not really deal with lately. I actually want to run a Hijinks game, just for a break. V is for Vistory was one of the best d20 styled games I have ever seen, even as just an article. I hope there will be more like it in the future.

Agamon

Adventurer
Keep Poly the same way it used in 100 and I'll be happy to have it there. Just don't go back to the 93 through 99 Poly.

Well, Polyhedron could always give all its content to the ENWorld Player's Journal. I mean, we're selling well enough (not Dragon numbers, or even Dungeon numbers, I'm pretty sure), but we could certainly appreciate mini-games. :)

Breakstone

First Post
I enjoy Polyhedron, but I do buy Dungeon for the adventures.

I would much prefer it if Dungeon contained more complete adventures, and just placed all those interesting Critical Hits into said adventures.

Although I do understand that what they get in submissions is what they're able to print...

Dragonblade

Adventurer
Keep Polyhedron!!

KEEP POLYHEDRON AND DUNGEON TOGETHER!

I will drop my subscription if Paizo seperates Polyhedron and Dungeon.

Neither magazine is worth buying by itself but together they are worth it to me.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads