D&D 1E Dungeon Master Costume- adult size

the Jester

Legend
So after seeing that Spirit Halloween Store has a Dungeonmaster (from the old D&D cartoon) costume for kids, I've been looking for about the last two months, and have been unable to track down one in adult size. Their website lists it as "out of stock", but I feel like they must have made about six of them and sold out immediately. I've also struck out on Amazon- "dungeonmaster adult costume" brings up lots of other stuff, but not the guy from the cartoon.

Has anyone else been able to track one down? If so, where? I'd love to get one for my Halloween costume this year, even if I am not going out trick or treeting or to a party or anything.

My brother got one a few weeks back. He sent me a photo and with the wig it comes with and our dark beards, he looked a mite too much like Otis Firefly from the Devils Rejects.

jasper

Rotten DM
Buy a red robe. Then about a yard and half of orange fabric. Cut 2 or 3 inch strips out of fabric for the trim. Get a white wig.

the Jester

Legend
Buy a red robe. Then about a yard and half of orange fabric. Cut 2 or 3 inch strips out of fabric for the trim. Get a white wig.
I've actually been looking into this option too, and it's a possibility. But a ready-made costume would be a lot easier, probably look better (given my skill set when it comes to sewing), and would be well worth the money (assuming it's in the same range as the Spirit Halloween price).

EDIT: I think purchasing one is looking unlikely, though- I keep checking back and everywhere I look, the thing is well and truly out of stock except for kids' sizes.

jasper

Rotten DM
Ok so you don't sew. I did look into the costume too. Sewing either the hack version of a robe, or hitting the fabric store and buying the costume pattern were two of my choices. The for sale version looks a little cheap.

Dire Bare

Legend
I've actually been looking into this option too, and it's a possibility. But a ready-made costume would be a lot easier, probably look better (given my skill set when it comes to sewing), and would be well worth the money (assuming it's in the same range as the Spirit Halloween price).

EDIT: I think purchasing one is looking unlikely, though- I keep checking back and everywhere I look, the thing is well and truly out of stock except for kids' sizes.
You might check your local pop-up Halloween stores, most of them carry the Spirit Halloween brand. But . . . good luck. This is a popular costume this year, and adult sizes are likely to be sold out just about everywhere. I wanted one too, and thought about picking it up before they sold out . . . . oops.

Remove ads