• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeon Tiles. Anyone used them at length yet?

rowport

First Post
Thumbs up on Dungeon Tiles

I ran Expedition to Castle Ravenloft this past weekend, and since my new Dungeon Tiles had just arrived, I thought I would give them a try.

I had been drawing out the maps on a battlemap, so that is my baseline for comparison.

I found the Tiles really quick and easy to use. There was a bit of time looking for pieces and assembling them, but really no more than wiping a mat clean and drawing out a room. The resulting Tile map looked much better, though. In some cases an exact map match to the module was not possible, so I guess it depends on how literal you want the setup to be, YMMV. For instance, in one case I had a square room with a circular staircase in the corner, but I used a hexogonal room with the same stairway configuration. In a couple other cases I used floor tiles moved at an angle to represent curving stairs. In one room I said, "those boxes are torture chamber gear, and those other things on the map do not exist." Generally, I found the quibbling differences to be far outweighted by the nice visuals of the Dungeon Tiles.

Remove ads