• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

dungeons and dragons in schools!

zillah

First Post
I had a thought but I didn't know what forum to put it on. So, here I go.
I think DND 4.0 should be used in schools to teach kids how to read and do basic arithmetic.

I believe that DND is what chess was hundreds of years ago. I game of war training. Aside fun, chess was used to teach tactics, sharpness, and pretty much how to manage resources.
DND 4.0 is something along those lines. I am not sure what age to do this at, but can anyone see what I am saying? It would even teach comprehension, and make learning a fun environment instead of the boring crap I remember back when I was in school.
Any thoughts?

Kzach

Banned
Banned
There are a number of people on these boards who work as teachers or librarians (EN being one, IIRC) and run D&D games for the kids.

Having said that, I think there is still far too much prejudice against gaming in general for it to be taken up widely in the school curriculum. Recent comments by a certain presidential candidate are a pretty strong representation of just that sort of sentiment.

Although, I'd also be surprised if WotC didn't have some sort of book supply deal going with schools who wanted them. If they don't, then they're as bright as a lot of people seem to think they are on these boards and should get to it, pronto :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads