• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeons & Dragons d20 books on Amazon

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Dice4Hire said:
Has anyone noticed books being taken off th shelves in brick and mortar stores in the states like Barnes and Nobles?

One of the local game stores here is selling all 3rd party d20 fantasy product at 30% off cover price (including such things as Ptolus). I picked up a somewhat hard to find copy of Hollowfaust for the Scarred Lands (I was sorely tempted by the copy of Ptolus that they still had in stock, though I'm not really certain that I need such a product).

Whimsical

Explorer
Nikosandros said:
So far, only once I had a problem with a seller on Amazon Marketplace. Amazon gave me a refund very quickly.
Cool. Although an A-to-Z claim can take up to two weeks to process, sometimes it's a slam dunk. Sometimes, simply filing the A-to-Z claim gets the seller to order a refund right when they get the claim notice in their e-mail.

Amazon.com has a really good process to handle failed sales. It can just take some time to resolve. Something that some customers aren't willing to give.

B4cchus

Explorer
Too bad the shipping costs are insane for intercontinental shipping, about $12/13 PER BOOK. Even at the rate of $0.01 per book this is not very ineterresting except for books i'd really want.

Asmor

First Post
Just wanted to let everyone know about the books I ordered...

Ordered Sept 12. I've received 10/11 books already.

The first book was Monday (Sept 17), Stronghold Builder's Guide from abookarama. The delivery estimate was Sept 20th-Oct 4th, so 5 day shipping is pretty sweet. A little wear and tear was mentioned in the description, but the cover of the book was pretty badly beat up (it's a soft cover, and apparently used), and though it's still bound I'm worried about the binding. That said, well worth $0.01+$3.99 shipping.

Yesterday (the 18th) I got the 9 books I ordered from best_bargain_books3. All were in pristine condition, not even dented corners like I sometimes get from new books even direct from Amazon. I did a brief check for remainder marks and didn't see any last night, but I've since noticed a small red dot on the bottom of the book I took to school with me today, so they probably all have them. It was mentioned in the description that they may have been remainder marked, though, so that's fine. Sharn: City of Towers came with an audio CD, and it too was in pristine condition. Only thing worth noting is that most of the books had stickers on them... about 80% of the stickers came off easily and without leaving any gunk, but there were a couple that I didn't dare pull off because they look like the sort that causes sticky nightmares. Each was about 1"x1.5", and I'd guess they were put there by whoever best_bargain_books3 bought them from since they don't match the other stickers which were on all the books.

Still awaiting one book from smokymtnbooks, and I don't think they've even shipped yet, but keep in mind the delivery estimate is Sept 20th-Oct 4th, so it's not like they're late... yet.

bento

Explorer
jdrakeh said:
Last month, I scored an additional copy of the PHB, one copy of Lords of Madness, one copy of Liber Mortis, and one copy of Heroes of Horror from "bookoutpost" via Amazon. All new. All about five to seven dollars each.

I highly recommend them.
I just bought two of the Fantastic Locations for $1.99 each, Red Hand of Doom for $5 and Secrets of Xendrix for $5 from Bookoutpost. I think after those arrive I'll buy the Races Series box set for $18. Most everything else they have right now I either have or don't want. :)

Magestrike

First Post
Great Experience

I ordered all my books from one seller which was best_bargain_books. The only remainder marks I saw were the little red dots on the lower edge of the books, which having worked at Barnes & Noble for 6 years, I have to say that is a very minor mark. I almost missed them....lol.

I ordered 15 books, all of which came in near perfect condition. Some did have stickers on them, which all came off without a problem. 5 of the books were actually brand new and had literally never been opened. You can tell this when you try to open the book, and you get a lot of resistence. That means the spine has never been bent, hence the resistence. I am actually going to go back in and see what else I can order.

I was expecting it to take a long time for by books to arrive, since they were coming media mail. I ordered my books on a Thursday night, and they were on my doorstep on Wednesday afternoon. Cant beat that!!!

All in all, I had a great experience. Just thought I would post that for others that might be thinking of buying.

The only book I ordered was 30 Years of Adventure (the D&D "coffee table book"), since I had all the others that interested me. But I have to say, I was remarkably pleased with 30YoA. I don't think it's worth the initial cover price, but it's more than worth the $4 if you're at all interested in some of the history, development, or inner workings of D&D throughout the years. I was quite pleased.

frankthedm

First Post
Magestrike said:
I was expecting it to take a long time for by books to arrive, since they were coming media mail. I ordered my books on a Thursday night, and they were on my doorstep on Wednesday afternoon. Cant beat that!!!
Lucky you. Still waiting on mine

El Bob

First Post
I purchased the races slipcase, Libris Mortis, Complete Mage, Stormwrack, and Heroes of Horror from smokymtnbooks. All books were in M/NM condition. The slipcase was still shrinkwraped. The only marks are a small red dot on the bottom. I'm very pleased with all of that for under thirty bucks.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads