Dungeons & Dragons For Dummies

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
There was some wringing of the hands over it in the past, Omro, and many people quite curious about what it'd be, and a few people chuckling over 3E needing such a book, if I recall.

Turjan

Explorer
Turanil said:
This book has been around for quite some time. I wonder if any Enworlder ever bought this book?
Quote: "This item has not yet been released. You may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives from Amazon.com"

thalmin

Retired game store owner
According to the Wiley website, it's coming out in April this year. Here is more they had to say about it:
The fun and easy way to get started in this popular fantasy role-playing game
Market research indicates that 4 million American males, ages 8 to 45, play Dungeons & Dragons, while 7.6 million who haven’t played say they want to learn how. The popularity of recent sci-fi and fantasy movies has also boosted interest. D&D is complex to learn, and this friendly guide helps the curious locate a game, understand the rules, choose or create a character, follow proper game etiquette, and even move up in the hierarchy to become a Dungeon Master. The four-page foldout cheat sheet will include markers and a model dungeon layout that serves as an actual game board, allowing readers to play using this book and nothing else.

diaglo

Adventurer
i've been talking about this for years.

it isn't humor. it is real.

i am buying all of the 3.11ed for Workgroup party a copy.

do a search for diaglo and The Complete Idiot's Guide to d02 Roleplaying. i think you will find many, many, many threads about this book.

Rich B and Bill S are my new roleplaying heroes.

edit: yeah it isn't available until April

Remove ads