IDW DnD comic sampler with
Honor Among Thieves prequel
Saturday Morning Cartoons
Ravenloft

IDW DnD comic sampler with
Honor Among Thieves prequel
Saturday Morning Cartoons
Ravenloft

That confirms the Cartoon is set in the Forgotten Realms.

Which has to be a retcon kind of given that the cartoon came out in 1983 and only had 3 seasons, so the Forgotten Realms came out after the cartoon was cancelled.

I know the one shot D&D Comic did this ages ago, this just confirms it.

I don't know how I feel about this given how fourth wall breaking the cartoon is.

I suspose the cartoon calling its setting The Realm makes it alot more minor a retcon then it otherwise would be.

and as one of the settings most connected to Earth its less disruptive then it would be in other settings.

Last edited:

Didn't the original Forgotten Realms include the key NPCs visiting Greenwood at his house?

Kind of, it was only really meantioned at most in Dragon Magazine, if that, but yeah, Elminister liked to visit Ed Greenwood. I think it was intended as a running joke, but either way FR has the second biggest connection to earth after Ravenloft (which had Gothic Earth).

dave2008

Legend
Kind of, it was only really meantioned at most in Dragon Magazine, if that, but yeah, Elminister liked to visit Ed Greenwood. I think it was intended as a running joke, but either way FR has the second biggest connection to earth after Ravenloft (which had Gothic Earth).
Elminster and Mordenkainen visited Ed IIRC. There has been a connection be the RL world and D&D worlds for a long time.

Von Corellon

Adventurer
IDW has been publishing DnD comics for a while now, all the Jim Zub work is under their mantle—and that stuff is top notch.
Mindbreaker is latest, among series like Infernal Tides, Shadows of the Vampire, and Evil at Baldur’s Gate.

Attachments

• 4D7B6E7A-49DF-46C7-B593-A4D4ECBA2B3D.jpeg
    4D7B6E7A-49DF-46C7-B593-A4D4ECBA2B3D.jpeg
    28.2 KB · Views: 48

Remove ads