• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeons in Dragons

Theine

First Post
Imagine a world inhabited by dragons of such a tremendous size, that everything else actually lives INSIDE them (because it is too dangerous to live OUTSIDE of such big dragons - they will stomp and burn you like a microbe).

So, their blood vessels are rivers, and various organs are different countries. There is an elemental realm of Air - their lungs; elemental realm of Fire - fire-producing organ; psionic realm inside their brains; divine realm around their hearts; intestines are kind of a dark marsh; and there is the lower hell of the rectum, where demons damp the souls of sinners (and sinners still alive) to be mercilessly excreted outside...

And if you want to travel from dragon to dragon, you`ll have to wait for the right opportunity - I think I don`t need to explain...

Ry

Explorer
Being inside dragons physically would be ... gross.

Being inside metaphorical dragons, that's awesome. Wait, isn't that Eberron?

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Ryan Stoughton said:
Being inside metaphorical dragons, that's awesome. Wait, isn't that Eberron?
Not really, that would be under and above, ie. between two dragons.

I think Theine's idea is a bit scary, but in my homebrew there is one dragon of such tremendous size. The thing is, she has been sleeping for the past billion years, and the main continent has actually grown on her.

The Merciful

First Post
Ryan Stoughton said:
Being inside dragons physically would be ... gross.
And quite deadly. There's a story called The Man Who Painted the Dragon Griaule by Lucius Shepard about a paralyzed dragon the size of a mountain. Its heart would beat once every few centuries or so. Unfortunately for the human oucasts living inside the dragon's body that means every liveable place inside the huge body getting washed by liquid fire. Not too good for the dragon either, because those humans were keeping it clean of parasites.

I see an adventure seed in there somewhere... ;)

ps. Yay! My hundreth post. :cool:

Last edited:

Clavis

First Post
There were in fact many medieval legends that likened Hell to the inside of vast Dragon. To enter the underworld one was literally swallowed by Hell's mouth. It's very common image in ecclesiastical art of the time.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads