• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeons of Castle Blackmoor Preview

DClingman

First Post
Henry said:
Dustin, quick side-note, how's Dave doing, health and family-wise? I hear from Gary regularly, but Dave doesn't make it around here, much. :)

Dave is doing very well. His health is fine and I have asked him to swing by here to post. He's working a number of angles for new projects as well as tinkering with a number of new game concepts. He also works with us alot in our electronic division, helping to design new game ideas and such. All in all, he's very busy working, but he'll be at GenCon, so you can stop by and say hi!

Dustin

DClingman

First Post
spectre72 said:
Does anyone know what the retail price will be?

Also, I am assuming it will be available at GenCon.

Scott

The book is 304 pages, softcover with a retail price of $34.99. Yes, they will be at GenCon and they come with free Arneson authographs, while supplies last. :)

Dustin

DClingman

First Post
trancejeremy said:
Well, you wouldn't know that from the Blackmoor books. This is the first one that seems to have bits clearly written by him, not freelancers, yet he is basically the entire appeal of Blackmoor (no offense to the freelancers). The "Dave speaks" boxes (or whatever the little sidebars are called) would have been great in the setting book.

Well, it's been pretty well stated in the past that Dave is involved with the design, writing and final approval of all products released for Blackmoor. He co-founded the company and you are definitely right, he's a big draw on Blackmoor.

That doesn't mean however, that he writes every word. That's just not possible. In fact, he's very much preferred taking his chunks of the books and then mentoring some of the writers so that they can realize his vision. Sometimes that's a phone call or a sit down, but his hands and mind are everywhere, even when they aren't writing all the words. Before anything goes off to print, it has his approval and if something needs changing, we execute. The snafu with the map happened out of just this kind of thing and was a mistake on our part.

I don't know why you can't his efforts in the books. It's pretty freaking awesome to work with Dave and see his energy and ideas flowing. Great stuff and I definitely recommend it.

Dustin

Melan

Explorer
I have to say those "Dave Arneson speaks" sidebars are just what a product like this needs: historical background and designer notes from actual play - very good!

Remove ads