• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeons without Adventures

Fathead

First Post
I agree with the posters who recommended the Dungeon Crawl Classics line. The modules are generally easy to fit into a campaign, and the stories are easily altered to accomodate your own plot.

You want a subscription to Dungeon Magazine...

... a lot of the adventures have dungeons that I've used to rip out and use in a different context... And of course, there's Maure Castle, which is exactly what you want.

GwydapLlew

First Post
Thorin Stoutfoot said:
... a lot of the adventures have dungeons that I've used to rip out and use in a different context... And of course, there's Maure Castle, which is exactly what you want.

Also, Dungeon has backdrops, which are settings designed to be used 'as is,' or modified as needed for the DM.

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Most of what I have heard about Rappan Athuk (original or Reloaded) seems to support this concept - it is not designed to be run as a straight through dungeon crawl, but rather the DM comes up with missions to give reasons for the PCs to make hit and run descents into its darkness.

The Auld Grump

Remove ads