Dungeonscape Answers

Nightchilde-2

First Post
Razz said:
Some of their class abilities require only 1 point to be spent to activate, others require 2 or even 4 points. I'll start with their 1st level class abilities. They get Trapfinding, Cunning Knowledge, and Cunning Insight.

No Cunning Linguist (which would, of course, allow them to spend a point to speak any language...)?

I'm lukewarm on this class. The rest of the book looks cool though.

Cam Banks

Adventurer
The Factotum seems very, very similar to the Akashic from Arcana Evolved. They have almost identical roles in the party and both have access to pretty much all the other class abilities and so forth if given the chance. Both have all skills as class skills, etc etc.

Cheers,
Cam

Mercule

Adventurer
Nightchilde-2 said:
No Cunning Linguist (which would, of course, allow them to spend a point to speak any language...)?

Speak Language is a class ability. That means they can spend one point per language, just like the bard.

Arnwyn

First Post
Razz said:
Well I just received my copy of Dungeonscape about an hour ago and have skimmed through it once. I've read everything on the Factotum class and made a quick scan through the rest. I will say, this is definitely better than Cityscape and I only wish Cityscape went more along the format in here.

So I can answer questions regarding the book, but I'll have to keep it light and minimal, at best.
So, is there "dungeon" damage in this one? Ha ha ha!

Sorry, sorry. Just a little Cityscape joke/insult. Carry on.

Ranes

Adventurer
Arnwyn said:
So, is there "dungeon" damage in this one? Ha ha ha!

Sorry, sorry. Just a little Cityscape joke/insult. Carry on.

Good one. :) I've been working on a player info sheet for my next campaign. City Magic is the only feat from all the sources at my disposal that I'm banning.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Li Shenron said:
The decrease in size is something unprecedented I think! I don't think this is useful in dungeons only, but anywhere. It might be an odd choice (I guess most players expect bigger versions of core monsters, not smaller) but definitely interesting.
Miniatures Handbook has cave dinosaurs that are reduced sized versions of regular ones that are specially adapted for the Underdark. So not totally unprecedented, but given that so few people know the monsters from the book (although at least two of them have shown up as races in the Races series), it might as well be.

Nightchilde-2 said:
No, that one allows you to spend a point to speak the UNIVERSAL language... of love!

Which is very different.

Remove ads