• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Dungeonscape] Factotum and Feat/PrC qualifications

Cabral

First Post
I really like the Factotum class. It's a great class for the player who can't seem to pick what to play.

The only thing is that I'm a bit unclear as to how the classes various abilities interact with Feat & PrC prereqs.

Cunning Strike: Does the Factotum qualify for classes and feats that require 1d6 of sneak attack?

Opportunistic Piety: Does he have Turn Undead for purposes of feat/PrCs? For example, can he expend an Inspiration Point in conjuction with Sacred vengance to deal extra damage to undead?

Cunning Brilliance: Can he use this to qualify for feats and PrC (for the one level before Epic :))

When you take a level of a +x spellcasting class, does it advance his arcane dilettante ability?

Wrathamon

Adventurer
Cabral said:
I really like the Factotum class. It's a great class for the player who can't seem to pick what to play.

The only thing is that I'm a bit unclear as to how the classes various abilities interact with Feat & PrC prereqs.

Cunning Strike: Does the Factotum qualify for classes and feats that require 1d6 of sneak attack?

Opportunistic Piety: Does he have Turn Undead for purposes of feat/PrCs? For example, can he expend an Inspiration Point in conjuction with Sacred vengance to deal extra damage to undead?

Cunning Brilliance: Can he use this to qualify for feats and PrC (for the one level before Epic :))

When you take a level of a +x spellcasting class, does it advance his arcane dilettante ability?
\

I would say no to most of this...

the only thing would be the spellcasting progression potentially. I am sure we will be seeing a week of Factotum answers coming up on the wotc site. I was wondering about this as well, such as the ability to turn.

Asmor

First Post
Wrathamon said:
\

I would say no to most of this...

the only thing would be the spellcasting progression potentially. I am sure we will be seeing a week of Factotum answers coming up on the wotc site. I was wondering about this as well, such as the ability to turn.

I'd have to disagree with you entirely.

As a jack of all trades class, I'd personally allow him to qualify for any class whose prerequisites the factotum can reasonably "meet" (meet being defined here as "copy through the use of inspiration points"), with the possible exception of the last power that lets you copy any class ability (even then... I could certainly be persuaded to allow a factotum to take a PrC based on that as well).

Spellcasting ability, on the other hand, would not advance at all.

Remove ads