• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DVD Recorders

RichCsigs

First Post
I'm thinking of getting a DVD recorder but had a question I was hoping someone could answer.
If I set it to record two different shows on two different days (say a Mon and a Wed), can they both go to the same disk or will I have to put a new disk in after recording the first show?

And before anyone says anything, a DVR won't work for me because I'm looking to record on my tv at home and watch on the tv at work (comic book store).

bento

Explorer
A co-worker of mine bought a DVR/DVD writer a couple of years ago and says it works great. I found one like it on Amazon - Pioneer DVR-531HS.

trancejeremy

Adventurer
I have a DVD recorder. A Magnavox from Wal-mart. $90, I think.

You can use the same disc for as long as you want, until you run out of room. Basically it writes a menu, and you can select with program (or recording) you want to play. Time, date, even little thumbnail picture. The more you stick on the disc, the lower the quality though, much like a VCR.

Also, if you use DVD+RW discs, you can keep using them over and over and over. And edit things better.

If you want to watch it in another DVD player, though, you will probably have to finalize the disc if you use a DVD+/-R. It depends on the DVD Player though, some don't need that these days. OTOH, if you use DVD+RW discs, you don't need to. And if you want to save them, at least if you have a DVDR drive in your computer, you can simply copy from the DVD+RW to DVD+R. (Since DVD+RWs cost about a $1 each, while Circuit City usually sells 50 DVD+R for $10-12 or so)

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads