• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Dwarf Deity dealing with Agriculture

Bob_no_Oni

First Post
Well folks, I have an odd question. I have been looking through the dwarven deities for Forgotten Realms and I can't seem to find any deity related to agriculture. I know that Chauntea for the Human Pantheon is the Goddess of Agriculture, but is there a deity for the dwarves that would relate in some way to this same idea? I have a character concept I am working through and I am trying to find the perfect deity for this. The character is a member of a clan of dwarves that are known for their focus on whatever section of life they have taken up, such as their combat prowess for the more martial character or their arcane magic or divine magic ability for those that are more spell caster in nature. As such, I want to play a Cleric whose is a member of this clan, but who is also working towards being a Master Brewer. He worships the deity in praise for their gifts that enhance his brew. Thanks for any help.

Shroomy

Adventurer
According to my copy of Demihuman Deities, Sharindlar - the dwarven goddess of mercy, healing, fertility, and love - would be the dwarven god most concerned with agriculture. Here is a passage from page 83:

Sharindlar's oversight of fertility has been extended in many dwarven cultures (particularly in surface-dwelling cultures such as High Shanatar and Besilmer) to include agriculture and animal husbandry. A particular emphasis has been placed on developing new strains of crops - wheat, barley, mushrooms, lichens, etc. - and hardier breeds of beasts - donkeys, sheep, etc.

If you're looking for dwarven deities focused on skills, Dugmaren Brightmantle (Dwarven God of Scholarship, Invention, and Discovery), Laduguer (he's not only the deity of the duergar, he's a patron of skilled artisans and quite the taskmaster), and Moradin himself would work.

Remove ads