• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dwarven Armor

Scharlata

First Post
Hi!

Is the feat Dwarven Armor Proficiency [Races of Stone, p. 138] worth its benefit? Do the dwaven armor specifics [RoS, p. 158] the trick?

Opinions!?

Yig

First Post
I think that the feat would be worth it if you plan on playing a high AC tank.

And that the DM allows those armors :)

Not sure I would wear the one that reduce movement (mountain plate?).

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
I'm playing a dwarf at the moment who wears mithral battle plate.

I'm not certain it's worth a feat from a powergaming efficiency point of view, but it fits the character...

Mountain plate wouldn't, since it would deny him his barbarian speed bonus...

-Hyp.

Scharlata

First Post
Hypersmurf said:
[...] I'm not certain it's worth a feat from a powergaming efficiency point of view, but it fits the character...[...]

Comparison between full plate and battle plate:

For one feat and +1,000 gp you get:
  • +1 AC
  • -1 ACP
  • +15% ASFC
  • +25 lb.

But, speaking of mithral: Nice idea... ;)

Kind regards

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
I'm also playing a dwarven fighter-tank, and just came into some money. I've thought about taking Dwarven Armor Proficiency, but even Mithral Battle Plate doesn't really float my boat. Sure, I have feats coming out the wazoo (house rule of 1 bonus feat/5 favored class levels), but it's just not worth it to me when I could use that feat to buy more AC and less ACP (Heavy Armor Optimization and Greater) or something else.

Brad

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
frankthedm said:
Cignus, i have some Rot3k / Dynasty Warriors fans in my playgroup, any good links for that materieal in D20?

Not that I know of. Our upcoming Birthright game is going to use that as a flavor guide for a Heroes of Battle-style campaign.

Brad

Remove ads