• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dwarves don't go prone easy? Even if unconscious?

Fredrik Svanberg

First Post
RigaMortus2 said:
Fredrik Svanberg said:
"when an attack would knock you prone"

The attack killed him, so getting knocked prone was an effect of the attack. Save away!

Yes, I'm just trying to be funny. No need to reply to this to point out that I'm wrong.
Attack > Prone = they get a save...

Attack > Unconcious > Prone = you do not get a save...

It was bound to happen. Cheesus...

jackston2

First Post
That is actually completely badass.

I actually had a viking blacksmith NPC who built a suit of full plate that locks up and lets him stay upright when killed (this was high level, so rez was pretty frequent).

silentounce

First Post
Olgar Shiverstone said:
Heck, I've fallen asleep standing up before (in the middle of talking, no less ... but that's Ranger training for ya) so I can see it for dwarves.

You remained standing? Every time that happened to me or someone else I knew they always either fell over or nodded and then woke up. Marine training here. I mean, were you really asleep, as in you didn't wake back up right away and you just stood there sleeping? I don't think that's biologically possible for a person.

silentounce

First Post
Particle_Man said:
So...Ranger training beats Marine training? :)

I was waiting for a comment like this. But you'll notice in my example that no one actually did fall asleep for longer than a second.... If they did fall down, the ground woke them up. ;)

Last edited:

reff42

Explorer
I know a guy who tells the story of how he got knocked unconcious by a falling brick, while standing on a 2 inch I beam. His unconcious body actually managed to stay up long enough for him to wake up (approx. 20 seconds)

On a balance standpoint, I don't think dwarves need any more bonuses. second wind on a minor, good skill bonuses, con bonus, no movement penalty on heavy armor, they're walking tanks already without being able to be standing unconcious.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads