• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dwarves racial power?

Unwise

Adventurer
My players actually asked me to nerf dwarves, so that they would not always feel like they were choosing the wrong option for a class if they go for a less traditional race. The feat support for them is just insane, as are their racial abilities. Most (or make that all?) other races fair very poorly in comparison.

On Puget Sound

First Post
I don't think I've ever sat at a table that didn't include a dwarf. They need no further help. But with around 40 playable races, if no one in your group wants to play a dwarf, why is that bad?

Breaks

First Post
Another vote for the strength of second wind as a minor. Especially in combination with Cloak of the Walking Wounded.

And in concert with battleforged armor to add bonus d10s onto the healing party.

A dwarven defender with the above pairing of items can easily jump from very bloodied to full hp as a minor action without outside assistance, freeing up the party leader to worry about healing someone else.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
And in concert with battleforged armor to add bonus d10s onto the healing party.

A dwarven defender with the above pairing of items can easily jump from very bloodied to full hp as a minor action without outside assistance, freeing up the party leader to worry about healing someone else.

Every Encounter -- because both Battleforged Armor and Cloak of the Walking Wounded grant their extra healing if bloodied as a Property, not a Daily power.

fba827

Adventurer
the dwarf's racial abilities are the envy of many players in our group. it really may not be flashy but it isn't something to be discounted as unimpressive.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
What are those items and what do they do?

I ask because the other Dwarf players have been utterly slacking in letting the DM know about what kind of items would work for their PCs...so we're running rather item-poor.

(If you can, use book references, since I don't have DDI.)

fba827

Adventurer
What are those items and what do they do?

I ask because the other Dwarf players have been utterly slacking in letting the DM know about what kind of items would work for their PCs...so we're running rather item-poor.

(If you can, use book references, since I don't have DDI.)

Battleforged Armor = Players Handbook 1 p227. (plate armor only) Basically, if you are bloodied when you use your second wind, get some bonus hp

Cloak of the Walking Wounded = Adv Vault 1 p151. Basically, if you are bloodied when you use your second wind, you can use two surges instead of one

so bottom line, if you wait to use your second wind when bloodied and have both those items, you are probably going to be full up for the one minor action (dwarven racial ability to use it as a minor action), this would work every encounter

Remove ads