• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Dwimmermount [IC]

SunGold

First Post
"Well, I hope whatever it is takes an interest in us and leaves this village in peace for a while. Thank you again, Thomas." Though still disconcerted, she smiles a little. "Enjoy your rut-grub."

When they reach the bridge, she stops to thank the sheriff for his help as well. As the party leaves the town behind, she spends a while quietly considering all that Thomas had said, and eventually addresses her companions. "Where do you think we should start looking for these ruins? Sounds like the northwood might be the most likely...and also the most dangerous."

eayres33

Explorer
Hunter Brightwood

Hunter walks on with the group enjoying the walk and feeding a little bit of his food to his weasel, who did not seem overly interested. Hunter smiled a bit as Shara mentioned the most likely location being the most dangerous.

“Well we wouldn’t want to waste or time, when we can meet our face swiftly in the northwood.” Hunter said grinning. “I mean one way or the other we’d wrap this up quickly.”

SunGold

First Post
Shara laughs. "Well, I just mean...we're looking for ruins, right? So...if the red elves lived in the northwood like Old Thomas said, then perhaps they built whatever it is that's in ruins now. That would also explain why we were told almost nothing about the ruins, and why no one else has taken this job, despite the rewards."

TallIan

Explorer
Magen Brigward, Fighter 2

Magen remained quite while Shara questioned the orc hunter. Magen had hoped to hire him as a scout, but seeing his crippled foot and advanced years, Magen now feared he would only be putting the orc in unnecessary danger. He thought again about bringing his retainers along, but came to the conclusion that they were necessary, their little party was small enough and weighed down by too many supplies to carry.

When Shara raised the question of where to start their search, Magen laughed at Hunter's dark joke. "I see no point in investigating the woods to confirm that we should be investigating a different wood. Let's head for the north wood, aiming to use one of the logging camps as a base. Whatever is left of them is surely better than nothing. I'd rather have a leaky roof and half a wall than get rained on and have nothing to defend."

After a brief pause, he suggests, "Perhaps we should scout the river bank, I know we don't have any trackers in our group, but we might get lucky."

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
Magen Brigward
Passive Perception: 11
AC: 17 (19 with shield)
Initiative: +0
HP: 36/36 (HD: 3/3d10)

Offense:
Longsword: +5 5ft 1d8+3S
Longsword (2hnd): +5 5ft 1d10+3
H. Crossbow: +2 150/600 1d10P Heavy, Two handed, Loading
Shield Bash: Bonus action +5 contested roll vs athletic or acrobatics
Manoeuvre Save DC: 13

Second Wind: 1/1
Action Surge: 1/1
Superiority Dice(d8): 4/4
Inspiration: 2
Healing Potion: 1
Bolts: 36[/SBLOCK]

SunGold

First Post
"It certainly couldn't hurt," Shara says. "I wouldn't quite call it 'luck,' though," she adds with a small smile. "I know nothing of the woods, or hunting...but I ask Pelor to shine his light on the things I should see. Sometimes it's clear and bright and I understand. Other times, not so much. But the gods don't serve at our whims."

OOC: Good call on the tracking.

Survival: 1D20+1D4+3 = [14]+[4]+3 = 21

Last edited:

Thateous

Explorer
At the mention of Pelor Lucious looks around confused. "You know, you never explained which one of you was Pelor. Is this a different name I am unfamiliar with?"

GreenKarl

First Post
The heroes scouted about a mile both upriver and down on this side of the riverbank and then crossed the bridge to do the same on the other. Shara spotted a few animal prints that she figured were mostly deer and the like and a few predator ones that looked a lot like the black wolf prints only smaller. About a mile from the bridge on the opposite side of the village she also found a set of humanoid boot prints in the mud. Just one set but it did not look too old. The trail died over the river bank as the owner of the prints headed for a rocky cropping nearby.

The sun was creeping toward the midday point after this...

On this side of the river the heroes could also just make out the northwood maybe ten miles south.

TallIan

Explorer
Magen Brigward, Fighter 2

"Well," said Magen as their search of the river bank came to an end, "I'm not sure if I'm relieved or disappointed with that. I've heard of magic that can project a man's mind over great distances, perhaps this is something like that, and the "presence" is nothing more than that? It could be this lone wanderer, but I'm not convinced.

I've never been one to worry about what we can't find. Onward to the north wood?"
His last sentence is almost a statement rather than a question, barely rescuing himself from issuing an order.

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
Magen Brigward
Passive Perception: 11
AC: 17 (19 with shield)
Initiative: +0
HP: 36/36 (HD: 3/3d10)

Offense:
Longsword: +5 5ft 1d8+3S
Longsword (2hnd): +5 5ft 1d10+3
H. Crossbow: +2 150/600 1d10P Heavy, Two handed, Loading
Shield Bash: Bonus action +5 contested roll vs athletic or acrobatics
Manoeuvre Save DC: 13

Second Wind: 1/1
Action Surge: 1/1
Superiority Dice(d8): 4/4
Inspiration: 2
Healing Potion: 1
Bolts: 36[/SBLOCK]

SunGold

First Post
Shara chuckles a bit at Lucious's question. "Pelor is none of them, Lucious. He is more like your Primordial. A god, not a mortal."

When Magen suggests moving on, Shara hesitates. "Well...if you all think so, then on to the north wood. But I'd prefer to take a quick look at the outcropping. If they aren't even feeling safe in the village, it's odd that someone is alone out here, a mile away."

OOC: If we do end up going to look:

Investigation: 1D20+1D4+1 = [19]+[1]+1 = 21

GreenKarl

First Post
Gathering back at the wagons the heroes head south towards the northern section of the Aldleigh Forest. It takes you a few hours or walking to finally fall under the shade of the tall trees of this forest. Most of these trees appear to be new growth and the underbrush is thick and alive with small animals and buzzing insects. As the shadows of the day lengthen, the heroes scout the edge of the wood and maybe an hour before nightfall, they spot a number of old log cabins back a hundred feet in the wood. It is fairly dark here, the light obscured by the thick canape above but with torches and lanterns you find at least half a dozen structures partially overgrown but the encroaching wilderness.

Looking them over, one is the home of a mother raccoon and her brood. They don't appear inclined to leaving but two other are empty of most but the smallest of pests and their roofs are mostly intact. Which is lucky as a light cold rain starts falling as the heroes start clearing debris out of two of the cabins to provide settled for themselves and animals.

GM: Is the group setting up a watch? If so what order might it be? You have 5 team members and some retainers

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads