D&D 5E Dwimmermount [IC]

SunGold

First Post
Shara walks toward the group and the fallen hag, becoming a bit worried as Lucious looks over the eye. Anything that vile creature had used against them might be evil in its own right.

"Please be careful, Lucious," she says to the friendly warlock as she reaches him. "If you'd like to understand this...thing, we can take a rest so you can look it over carefully. Not that you might do anything rash," she adds, one corner of her mouth twitching up in a small smile.

OOC: Short rest to identify or throw it in a sack and move on? Time is valuable here since we need to get back to the retainers/carts by sundown, but I'm cool either way.

SunGold

First Post
OOC: What time of day is it? Do we have time to go a little further?

Shara nods, then walks to the edge of the pit to see if there's anything of note.

OOC: She'll cast Light on her shield and point that around the pit if necessary.

GreenKarl

First Post
GM: Its just past noon. Note also that the "pit" still has the illusion over it, it is just that Corwin and Hunter saw through it and what to look for so that the rest of you could also see through it as it were. Its still there just not as solid as it was.

While the illusion is somewhat transparent it still somewhat hard for Shara to peer through it to see what is below. As best as she can tell the pit is around twenty feet deep with hard stone or brick bottom. She can just make out what she thinks is a tunnel or two in the sidewall of the pit.

TallIan

Explorer
Magen Brigward, Fighter 3

Magen listened to the conversation between Lucious and Shara. "I think we should try and make more use of the daylight we have today, maybe check into these tunnels?"

OOC: @Greenkarl, the commander's strike attack goes on Magen's turn so Corwin is free to use sneak attack again on his own - or at least that's how I read it. Similar to a wizard casting shield on someone else's turn and still casting a 1+ spell in his own turn.

Am I correct in thinking that we've got a bit of time here before we have to head back to get to the camp before dark?

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
Magen Brigward
Passive Perception: 11
AC: 17 (19 with shield)
Initiative: +0
HP: 36/36 (HD: 3/3d10)

Offense:
Longsword: +5 5ft 1d8+3S
Longsword (2hnd): +5 5ft 1d10+3
H. Crossbow: +2 150/600 1d10P Heavy, Two handed, Loading
Shield Bash: Bonus action +5 contested roll vs athletic or acrobatics
Manoeuvre Save DC: 13

Second Wind: 1/1
Action Surge: 0/1
Superiority Dice(d8): 3/4
Inspiration: 2
Healing Potion: 1
Bolts: 36[/SBLOCK]

Insight: 1D20+1 = [20]+1 = 21[/SBLOCK]

SunGold

First Post
"I agree," Shara says, squinting to try and see the pit better.

OOC: Are the walls too sheer to climb? And if so, is there a tree close enough to tie a 50' rope to?

GreenKarl

First Post
GM: Its an Strength (Athletics) check DC 15 to climb down the walls safely. You could chop down a nearby tree though and use that as a make shift ladder. It will probably take an hour or so to cut one down and strip most of the branches except a few to aid in your climb down

eayres33

Explorer
Hunter Brightwood

Hunter takes the rope of the side of his pack and ties it around a nearby tree, “I spent too much time in the library and in the bar, never quite built up my upper body strength.”

Chuckling at his own expense Hunter begins to repel down the side of the pit.

OOC:
Don’t know how much the rope helps but I will take some guidance

Hunter Strength Check: 1D20-1 = [20]-1 = 19
1D4 = [2] = 2

So 21, should be playing blackjack

Remove ads