Dwimmermount OOC

Leif

Adventurer
The second [Edit: "WHORES" being the aforementioned 'second.'] apparenlty NOT an option for dwarves in this world... Or is it?
Why should they be denied the fleeting illusion of a relationship and the inexcusably high risk of disease and vile parasites?

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Alright, so after drinking a bit with Corporal Danthan, waking up the dwarven gemcutter and naming themselves the Iron Defenders in the walled city of Muntburg, the party ventured forth into the hills, seeking entrance into the Dwimmermount. Their mission: find out what's been going on with the Caretakers, kill (evil) things, eat some of them, and get rich.

On Climent's advice, they first went to the Alchemist's Door and found evidence that somebody had been through there. The way seemingly required a fortune in alchemical silver and possibly some living sacrifices too, so they decided to leave it alone for now. Instead they bypassed the Great Red Doors (main access to the dungeon) and instead made their way to the cliff-access of the Caretakers, a way known only to the dwarven people (Midgrim and Gargrim swore the others to secrecy). They made their way accross without incident.

Once inside, they found the bodies of two dead warriors, likely from the Typhon's Fist, an adventuring group sponsored by the church who'd gotten in two weeks ago (apparently finding the main door wide open for some reason and ultimately being driven out by giant, four-armed skeletons). Midgrim ate some purple stuff he found on the ground and threw up. They found the fabled moon pool (which didn't do anything for them that they could tell), and then almost met their end at the hands of a small party of kobolds (the twisted, deformed version of dwarfs gone bad). Climent's sleep spell saved their bacon though, and searching of those rooms revealed a sack of ancient Thulian gold, sealed away inside a rocky column, as well as a rusty iron key hidden behind one panel in a low-relief stone sculpture depicting the looting of an ancient city. Klyman's scouting showed that one passage was occupied by six kobold guards guarding the passage AWAY from them, so they went the other way and battled two giant spiders, uncovering a magic sword and some jewelry on their cocooned victims. That was enough for one day, so they headed back to their entrance room and settled down for the night after a snack of grilled giant-spider-legs prepared by Midgrim (who'd also gotten one venom sack from them).

Midgrim thought he'd spotted an elusive figure watching them during his guard shift, but couldn't identify it and it didn't come back.

The next morning, they explored the left pasage and found the fungus room, complete with Screecher. The party retreated before the defeaning sound. Five kobolds came alooking into the source of the disturbance and were promptly ambushed by the party, who made short work of them. The fungus room proved disapointingly empty of treasure though, except for the Screecher itself which Midgrim declared "bland but eatable". The party then resolved to make their way deeper into kobold territory, first encountering thier waste pile (complete with dwarven and human heads on spikes) and then their (main?) guard station. Which brings us to the current battle.

And there you go. :)

Why should they be denied the fleeting illusion of a relationship and the inexcusably high risk of disease and vile parasites?
Well dwarf carve their offsprings out of rock in this world, right, so they don't technically NEED all those fiddly/enjoyable reproduction bits down there...

Imperialus

Explorer
Thanks for the summary Binder. It's actually kinda useful to me too since it helps set in my mind what exactly you guys already know.

Leif

Adventurer
For what it's worth, I was just kidding around when I had Klyman suggest pushing the arrow on through and out his back. Seems like a complete impale would almost have to be worse, right? Depends on how bad the barbs are I guess.

Last edited:

Binder Fred

Too subtle for me and Midgrim, I'm afraid Leif. (Klyman has got to be the king of the deadpan. :))

[MENTION=6749529]Jimmy Disco T[/MENTION], supposing your guy doesn't make it, there was the possibility of rescuing a Typhon's Fist from the kobolds (or a Caretaker, I'd guess?). Would that suit you or would you prefer we go back to town?

Imperialus

Explorer
First, sorry for vanishing for a couple days. I had a big assignment turned in that I needed to get marked before report cards.

Second, yes there is the possibility of a rescue in the near future (not necessarily a dwarf), or you could potentially go back to town for a replacement PC. It's up to you guys.

Leif

Adventurer
Leif is good either way. Klyman thinks it would be best to return to town to lay Jimi to rest and properly grieve his death before continuing. He can be convinced otherwise if someone cares to try...

Last edited:

Binder Fred

Midgrim would be mostly in favour of continuing, mostly to rescue any kobold captive(s), but he can be convinced otherwise as well.

Remove ads