• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dynamic Excel "Wiesbaden Charactersheet"

Staff of Defense is bugged in 1.14.1. The formula on CharSheetI!BA18 references a cell AJ14 on Class Overview (which is also named "Implement") but which is blank even after selecting Staff of Defense on Character Basics. Workaround is to just give yourself +1 (additional) on your armor, even if you're only wearing cloth.

Additional bugs: Actionpoint not one word in English (Initiative card). InitiativeCard does not use OrRace correctly.

Additional additional bug: Jack of all Trades is bugged. Change skills!AA10 to =MAX(S10:Z10) and fill the formula down. (This is in a hidden column if you're doing this at home :)).

Additional gripe: It's still practically impossible to add a complete new custom race, even if that race is 90% recycled from an existing race. This could be fixed, but it would require a massive amount of work. I plan to do this as soon as you stop releasing new versions every other day, but it's going to take a week or two and will probably have a ton of bugs. ;) I had hoped you would fix it yourselves for this version because you know the sheet far better than I do, despite all my hacking. This sheet is just going to implode sooner or later if you keep the current format for race/class and keep adding them with every splat... you won't be able to read the formulas you have to debug when a feat doesn't work, etc.

Last edited:

Guyanthalas

First Post
My Excel hacking is pretty limited, but I do know some basic stuff about it. I got to thinking about the "import/export" problem (the lack of being able to do it), and thought that maybe there should be an import export tab at the bottom.
The export tab would basically be a single column which would include all the basics:
Elf
Warlord
Tactical Pressence
ECT...
Which you could then just highlight the entire column and place it into the "import" tab of the new updated Version XX.X sheet. I'm not sure if you'd have to use a macro to pull all the data back into the sheet, but it seems that this would be a very quick and easy way for an end user to import and export data. If i'm wrong and this is a huge pain in the a$$, then i apologize for not doing my due research. ;-)

As far as the sheet goes, I'm extremly impressed with it despite known bugs. I'm starting a campaign with 5 of my friends (2 girls who have never played before!), and I think this sheet with "power" features will make things much easier for the newbs to understand how the game works. As soon as funds become available I'll try to drop a small donation your way, but as it stands now i'm poor and I would rather eat dinner. Keep up the good work!

Amurayi

Explorer
Ok this is what we got:

:area: Version 1.15: RELEASED 08-15-08
New features:
- Added "Alchimist" feat option
- Added "Formula" tab for alchimists
- Added Rituals from FRCS (they are evil, but hey, you never know where your path will lead you to...)
Design changes:
- To make it work for Excel users with version older than 2007 we seperated the main file into two smaller ones
- removed gender selection
- Errata: Brew Potion is now a level 1 ritual
Bug fixes:
- Spelling issues
- Feat: "Jack of all trades" fixed
- class features show correctly on char sheet 2 again
- Armor check penalty is not transported correcty to the pro sheet for the custom skill
- Swordmage class fixed
- Eladrins get their racial bonus to dex again
- Wizards have their correct weapon proficiency shown on charsheet 2
- Warlord weapon prof. fixed
- Wizard's "Staff of Defense" now works as intended
- Race Override is now shown correctly on the Inicard
- Damage on the Pro sheet now works as intended: Write ydx (i.e. "2d6" or "1d8" if you want it to show the exact dice, or write y[W] (i.e. "1[W]) if you want to be flexible to use different weapons with your powers, which is the recommended method)
- fixed Misc Bonuses for attacks
- the Power Time selection is no longer locked on the Prosheet

Download now on the heroforge site...

Last edited:

So I very much like what you have so far.

I would like to just add a suggestion.

How about adding a set of custom class and race fields to the custom tab. That way any home brew material would be playable. I like the custom power/feat/class features/race featues entries on the custom tab, but you have to select a class and race in the character basics tab, and that comes with a whole bunch of game mechanics that you may not want. Adding custom races and classes fields to the custom tab could be a solution.

Great work. This is the best sheet there is, and so far seems to be getting a ton of support from you guys.

ReadError

Explorer
Nice work on 1.15 guys.

One small bug so far, just a typo probably. On the pro sheet, the damage for the 3rd power is wrong (the first one after the basic attacks). You have to replace J with I everywhere in the formula. This is in the XPversion at least, I can't check the full version right now.

if you pick genasi, watersoul as your race, then all the language selections become "#NA"
Note: this is for the split sheet, and I'm using Excel 2003. Your mileage may vary.

Unprotect the Basics sheet. On the Tools -> Options menu, check the "Row and Column Headers" checkbox. Now unhide the columns between Y and BI. In cells AH2 through AH11, change $Z$21 to $AE$21. Now hide columns Z through BH, uncheck the checkbox, and protect the sheet.

Voila! :D

Jan van Leyden

Adventurer
I think I've found a minor issue:

I've built a human fighter, takeing Tide of Iron as the bonus At-Will power. This power is not offered in the Choose Power drop-down on the Attacks sheet.

Jan van Leyden

Remove ads