• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dynamic Excel "Wiesbaden Charactersheet"

Amurayi

Explorer
Also, on the attacks tab, when picking implements, there's no option for a Swordmage, who use their weapon. Wait, can I just select my normal weapon but use Int instead of Str? Ninja Edit: That would be a no, because then it adds weapon proficiency. Silly me, I should have realized that ahead of time.

Just set one of your attacks to IMPLEMENT and use your Int bonus to attack.

Also, how do I add something like Flame Cyclone to the attacks tab? It uses 2 bonus' of Int and Str, how do I add a second bonus under favorite powers?

We won't add another ability drop down. Just use the override field in this case or add it into the "damage bonus".

Genolen

First Post
Hi thanks for the new version.

The Healing Surge Value and Healing Surge per day in the short sheet of the XPversion are off. They show other numbers than in the Charsheet I and Pro Sheet.
The Base attack bonuses / Weapon section of the Pro Sheet dos not display the Weaopn damage, it shows only # NV

Last edited:

GamesterGX

First Post
The Healing Surge Value and Healing Surge per day in the short sheet of the XPversion are off. They show other numbers than in the Charsheet I and Pro Sheet.

This is also true for the "Full" version. It looks like for "Healing surges per day" it shows your full HP value, and the "Healing surge value" box shows your bloodied value.

Other than that, I'm very excited for this! Keep it up!

Gamester

ehdoranil

First Post
First timer

Hi

first of all thank you for all your effort creating this sheet. i just looked into it the first time and really appreciate what you did here. upon creation of a swordmage i stumbled upon three issues, however. these are only suggestions, they might be on purpose - if not, they might be too much work to implement. non the less, maybe they can help you:

• On the attacs sheet selection "Implements" -> "heavy or light blade" does seam to cause some trouble. Since there seams to be no way selecting a specific blade as an implement it won't compute prof., dam, etc of course. maybe it would be possible to just select a weapon and provide a checkbox "implement". of course even better would be to just only select the the weapon and upon utilization of that specific attack bonus within a power if the keyword "weapon" is provided in the field it will add the prof. bonus, if not it won't. or the other way around of omitting the prof. bonus only if the keyword "implement" is provided (or even class dependend).
    Now i know, that's quite a headache and not easy to implement. Just wanted to point it out, though. Oh, and I got a little confused, that selecting the "heavy or light blade" as an implement seams to add the weapon prof bonus.
  • i created the character for a custom adventure starting level 4 with a given amount of experience. for that i just set the level to four and set the experience to be the starting one on the exp tab. however this didn't show up on the basic tab, since the "total exp" always uses the g column, starting XP however is only displayed within the e column. a small adjustment for the starting row and it works. smoothly. oh an yes, i wondered, why ever didn't you calculate the level automatically based upon XP gathered? you could still provide an override field. again, just an idea.
  • i dunno, if it's intended, but the mini powers show up on the character sheet with their attack bonus name, not their power name.
  • the swordmaster's "Swordmage Warding" doesn't add to the AC. Since your weaponary commonly won't change within the adventure it might be nice to add it as default. a small note for tmp AC upon being unconscious or disarmed would round this up.
    Now I know that this is even worse a headache than the one mentioned above and i apoligize for mentioning it, but i thought feedback and ideas won't hurt. if you ever have time and motivation to implement it i think it would be a cool gimmik - if not, your sheet is created wisely allowing customizations and overriding wherever needed.
thanks again for your work

best wishes,
Matthias

ehdoranil

First Post
just got an idea for solving the first one
the error should be caused by calculating weapon proficency and by the fighters weapon talent. now, when using a weapon as an implement you won't add weapon prof bonus. and fighters will rarley use an implement.
what could easily be done would first to switch the implements weap prof sign to false and than wrap the weapon talent calc within enclosed WHEN's like WHEN(Class="Fighter";WHEN(...); ). Now you could as a swordmage create to attack bonuses, one selecting the specific weapon, one just with "light and heavy blades". use the appropriated for your power. since implement-powers (as fas as i remember) usually have their own weapon dice, this problem would be solved as well.
This way, only upon multiclassing swordmage with fighter or using an implement power weapon specific dice damage would result in an error that could easily dealt with by overriding the values.

just a thought, may be it helped, if not just ignore it :)

Remove ads