• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dynamic Excel "Wiesbaden Charactersheet"

Callindril

First Post
We are currently finetuning the Prosheet again. We want it to work like this:
If you enter [W] as damage in the attacks tab it ignores the weapon specfifc damage and only lists damage the power gives (thus ignoring magic enhancement bonuses etc.)
If you enter a damage dice (i.e. 1d12) as damage in teh attacks tab the power adds up all bonuses from the weapon you designated as well (incl. magic enhancement bonuses etc.)

While this sounds like an excellent way of handling the ProSheet for everyone, in the 1.17_Full version, it isnt doing it...

If I have a power with damage of 1d8 in the attack set, it stil does not add the Weapon Focus bonus and the magic weapon bonus to the ProSheet as in the Regular sheet.

Regular sheet shows 1d8+7 (+4 Str, +1 Weapon Focus, +2 Long Sword).
Pro Sheet shows 1d8 + 4 (+4 Str, ignoring the Weapon Focus and +2 Long Sword).

Last edited:

Callindril

First Post
Powers 6-12 Dont calculate damage correctly

Using 1.17_Full, and when entering data into the extra Power slots (6-12), they dont seem to be calculating the damage right...

I can enter the same data in say Power 5 and Power 6 as a test, and get different final Damage values...

Seems to be 1 off...

For example, my paladin has Holy Strike...

In power Slot 1, Damage ends up being 1d8+7, Crit damage is 15+2d6
In power Slot 6, Damage ends up being 1d8+6, Crit damage is 14+2d6

Seems slots 7-12 have the same issue as Slot 6....

Same result if I use 1[W] instead of 1d8 as well...

elandy

First Post
While this sounds like an excellent way of handling the ProSheet for everyone, in the 1.17_Full version, it isnt doing it...

If I have a power with damage of 1d8 in the attack set, it stil does not add the Weapon Focus bonus and the magic weapon bonus to the ProSheet as in the Regular sheet.

Regular sheet shows 1d8+7 (+4 Str, +1 Weapon Focus, +2 Long Sword).
Pro Sheet shows 1d8 + 4 (+4 Str, ignoring the Weapon Focus and +2 Long Sword).
Look at the "Base Attack Bonuses / Weapons" part. There it should be the damag you are missing, because it is damage associated with that specific weapon. It should be dispalying +X 1d8 + 3 in the "Base Attack Bonuses / Weapons" part, and 1[w] + 4 (or 1d8 + 4 in your case) in the "Powers" part. This was made like this, so you can add them toghether and calculate easily the damage of your powers with different weapons (that's why all damaga related to the weapon is appart form the damage related to the power).
Sure, if you only attack with one weapon, this isn't the best way to show damage, but with multiple-weapon characters it's a good thing.

Callindril said:
Using 1.17_Full, and when entering data into the extra Power slots (6-12), they dont seem to be calculating the damage right...

I can enter the same data in say Power 5 and Power 6 as a test, and get different final Damage values...

Seems to be 1 off...

For example, my paladin has Holy Strike...

In power Slot 1, Damage ends up being 1d8+7, Crit damage is 15+2d6
In power Slot 6, Damage ends up being 1d8+6, Crit damage is 14+2d6

Seems slots 7-12 have the same issue as Slot 6....

Same result if I use 1[W] instead of 1d8 as well...
I posted the solution here, some posts ago. Let me know if you need help with this.

Andy.-

Callindril

First Post
Saw your post on how to fix that, but Im not an excel guy in any way shape or form....Running this in Excel 2007, but have no clue on where to even find the cells you were talking about, let alone change them...

I have no trouble waiting till an 'official' version is done with the fixes, just wanted to bring it to the attention of the authors of this great utility.

As far as the ProSheet, if the authors can make it work as they posted (1[w] vs 1d8) that would solve the issue for all concerned....Just hopping they can follow thru with that. In the midst of combat, its nice to see a list of all the powers avilabale (wel 12 of them anyway) and at a quick glance do the calucaltions for damamge instead of having to look multiple places on the sheet...

eleventh

First Post
My sheet is computing my hit points incorrectly. As a level 6 warlock, I should have [(12 hp)+(constitution score)]+[(5 hp)*(5 level ups)]. And since my constitution score is 18, it should be [30]+[25] = 55 hp. However, it is displaying it at 47 for some reason.

Doing a little more searching, I realized that this error is due to my using the ability override. If I set the ability buy box to 18 for constitution, it computes correctly. This should probably be recoded in the following fashion:

If constitution override is not null, compute total hp using constitution override.
Else, compute total hp using constitution buy.

Phydorex

First Post
Damage bugs?

I have been making test characters using the sheet and I keep getting odd damage numbers when it auto calculates, its kinda driving me crazy, because either I am missing a rule about damage somewhere or sometimes the sheet just flat out calculates damage wrong

Example

Wizard, Level 11, WoST paragon, 22 Int,
+3 Longsword
Eldarin Soldier feat

Magic Missle should be 2d4+11, but it comes out 2d4+12
+2 Feat, +3 Enhance, +6 Ability, +1 ??????

Another good example was a brutal rogue
level 11, 22 str, Weapon focus, +3 weapon
basic attack was 1d6+14
+2 feat, +3 enhance, +6 Ability, +3 ?????????

Anyone else noticed this?

trayburn

First Post
Great Tool

I just wanted to say thank you to the team that created this wonderful tool. I'm looking forward to future updates, specifically the inclusion of Barbarian.

As a subscriber to D&D Insider, I've tried the Character Builder beta, but to me the flexibility of this Excel spreadsheet wins the day.

elandy

First Post
I have been making test characters using the sheet and I keep getting odd damage numbers when it auto calculates, its kinda driving me crazy, because either I am missing a rule about damage somewhere or sometimes the sheet just flat out calculates damage wrong

Example

Wizard, Level 11, WoST paragon, 22 Int,
+3 Longsword
Eldarin Soldier feat

Magic Missle should be 2d4+11, but it comes out 2d4+12
+2 Feat, +3 Enhance, +6 Ability, +1 ??????

Another good example was a brutal rogue
level 11, 22 str, Weapon focus, +3 weapon
basic attack was 1d6+14
+2 feat, +3 enhance, +6 Ability, +3 ?????????

Anyone else noticed this?
The problem you are having here, in both cases, is the double count of the enhancement bonus bug. A fix for this was posted by xone01 here.
I'm not sure if Eladrin Soldier feat should work for WotST powers or not, but in either case that feat wasn't working as intended. A fix can be found in the same post as above.

Andy.-

Edit: I forgot to say that the problem with the double counting of the enhancement bonus is solved on version 1.17 [here], but if you have office 2003 or previous you won't be able to open it.

Last edited:

Darkthorne

First Post
Damage Bug 1.16 XP Version

It appears that it is doubling the enhancement bonus in regards to damage, Attack appears to be accurate however. Tested by incrasing the magic item bonus by 1 and watchedthe damage increase by 2
Thanks

Mithreinmaethor

First Post
Does anyone else have any problems printing the 2 character sheets?

I print them and it cuts the last power of the sheet off and onto a 2nd sheet of paper.

Remove ads