• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dynamic Excel "Wiesbaden Charactersheet"

I have their e-mail address from some work I did earlier (sorry that I haven't been back to finish my export / import functions either, pesky real life getting in the way), so I'll see if I get a response. If not, I'll see what I can do. I already modified a copy to work for the bard (not thoroughly tested, and I think I forgot to include Ritual Caster as a free feat... gah, the feat logic is ... mind-numbing at times).

Undrhil

Explorer
I am not sure at which version this bug was introduced, but I have v1.17 and I have tested in Excel 2007 and the latest version of OpenOffice.org: when I am in the power select screen and I have my character at level 29, I am unable to choose any level 29 powers. The powers which show up in the list where the level 29 powers would be are level 25 powers.

At first, I thought it might be because of being multiclassed, but I don't see any rules in the PHB which state that multiclass characters don't get level 29 power picks.

So, has anyone else had this problem and fixed it in their sheet so they can upload their sheet for the rest of us?

Two days now and no reply, but I'm inclined to give at least a week in case real life got in the way (foreign concept to some of you, I think, but not to many of us... may be an age thing :)).

Tar79

First Post
If I was any better with excel I'd be more than happy to take over this sheet, unfortunately I don't know if I could ever follow all the calculations

Mithreinmaethor

First Post
Yeah if I was even somewhat competent in Excel I would volunteer to help as well. I see still no contact. I hope all is well with the programmers and nothing in the real world has caused problems for them.

koesherbacon

First Post
Two days now and no reply, but I'm inclined to give at least a week in case real life got in the way (foreign concept to some of you, I think, but not to many of us... may be an age thing :)).

If you end up contacting them and/or just decide to take over the project, I'll be rooting for you all the way in either case!

Good luck!! :)

TheMarko

Explorer
I know a bit about excel, but I have nowhere close to THAT amount of free time. I am willing to help, if we can make a team to continue support for this, I'd be happy to be part of it.

I'd help too...

I've offered some minor fixes in the past, and last night spent a couple of hours tweaking the 1.16 release (XP version) to automatically incorporate the "Extra Manifestation" genasi feat into certain calculations.

However, I don't own a copy of Excel 2007, and do not have the spare time to install Open Office. (My work system has the latest version, of course, but my employers take a dim view of non-work-related exercises... :uhoh: ) Hence, I'm unable to work on -- or even use -- the 1.17 release.

Tar79

First Post
What do you mean "automatically incorporate the "Extra Manifestation" genasi feat" the bonuses from the second manifestation don't stack with the first until you take a paragon path that allows double manifestation.

On this same note though if anybody is actually going to take over this project I would like to suggest that an additional slot be added to the Extra Manifestation feat so people have the option to have all 5 elemental manifestations instead of being limited to 4 (I'd like to have all 5 by the time I become an Elemental Tempest.

Charles, I do have Excel 2007 and a limited knowledge of excel programming if you want to send me what you've added to 1.16 so I can try adding it to 1.17 (I will only be dealing with the full release though)

Remove ads