• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dynamic weapon...

bfreakb999

First Post
When you change the weapon type, do you also change the hit die for that weapon? or can a player keep a full blade d12 damage and change it do a rapier? furthermore, wouldnt the player also have to polymorph the weapon into a weapon they were proficient with? (thus not making a superior weapon like the rapier a choice unless you've trained in it?)

RickVigorous

First Post
If you've got a dynamic fullblade and you make it a rapier, it's now a superior one-handed light blade dealing 1d8 damage and with a +3 proficiency bonus; it's no longer a superior two-handed heavy blade dealing 1d12 damage with a +3 proficiency bonus and high crit. You don't have to turn a dynamic weapon into something you're proficient with, but it's generally a bad idea to turn it into something you can't use (minor exception: a warlord can sometimes benefit from reach w/ commander's strike, even if they don't have proficiency in the weapon in question).

Nifft

Penguin Herder
IMHO, you'd have to either change everything, or change nothing. Changing nothing makes no sense ("It's a dagger! That deals 1d12 high-crit damage! And I have to wield it two-handed, and it cost me a feat!")... so yeah. Damage die, proficiency bonus, properties, etc. All that stuff changes.

Cheers, -- N

bobthehappyzombie

First Post
As it goes, I don't think you can change it to a rapier , I believe the wording precludes changing it a superior weapon... I may be wrong as I don't have my books with me..

Oompa

First Post
IMHO you change everything:

AV said:
Change the weapon into a different weapon from any melee category (simple, military, or superior). This effect lasts until the end of the encounter, or until you end it as a minor action.

Remove ads