• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

E-tools 1.2 patch

EricNoah

Adventurer
Re: Little Things

Hervis said:

While entering a new 4th level human bard. On the skills screen I selected Use Magic Device. Hit max ranks and it put all of my unallocated skill points into this skill (about 35).

Yeah, same thing happened to me (but in the New Monster tool, and the skill in question was Disable Device -- and yes, the enforce max box was checked.

Also, I want to lobby to allow us to remove feats from existing characters. This is especially important for the "generated" characters -- there's no way to customize them if their feats are already spent and you can't remove any. At least some sort of an override feature for that would be very helpful.

EricNoah

Adventurer
Hervis said:
I found something else that was strange. While making a 1st level elven bard using the nonstandard point buy (32 points) it seemed to calculate the hit points incorrectly. I had a 12 con and it showed 5 hit points.

On the xp and advancement screen it showed the correct 7, but the main screen and the character sheet show 5.

Any tips?

Hervis

I was able to replicate the problem. Workaround seems to be...

a) create character

b) go to stats screen. enter/generate scores.

c) leave stats screen

d) go back to stats screen and click "roll" button by hit points -- it will "roll" max hp for first level.

Odd stuff...

Yeah, that's it Eric ... I forgot I had hit reroll to transfer the new hp total over.

*Smacks forehead* I thought it was me ... should have gone on the bug list to Mynex. Well, guess he'll get it now.

Hervis

Explorer
I found another issue. I took the spell focus (enchantment) feat for a 1st level human bard. It is not represented on the spellbook sheet. My DC's are normal there

Hervis

BarakO

First Post
Hervis said:
I found another issue. I took the spell focus (enchantment) feat for a 1st level human bard. It is not represented on the spellbook sheet. My DC's are normal there

Hervis

Known issue. The program simply doesn't support it (yet).

But, I broke DC out by spell so that when it does happen the sheet is ready for it. ;)

Chaz

First Post
Woo Hoo I found my install CD. :D

Ive run into most of the problems already listed here. The languages thing is annoying but the skills max selection thing is kida a pain if you are imputing a high lev char. You have to take them off one at a time. Oh well. I also had a weird # of spells per lev on a test char I made, but it was late and I didnt save it. So I will have to try and figure out what I did to get that result. Maybe I was just tired.

The thing im hoping is that this program will be able to do what it was intended to do with out having to know a list of 'workarounds' or 'do in this order or wont be right' kind of things. Im not talking about anything special, just rolling up core chars/monsters etc.
Am I asking for to much? :)

Peace.

Arilon

Explorer
Re: Little Things

Hervis said:

While entering a new 4th level human bard. On the skills screen I selected Use Magic Device. Hit max ranks and it put all of my unallocated skill points into this skill (about 35).

I had the same problem, and the solution was easy. I clicked the max ranks button when assigning points to KNOWLEDGE (RELIGION) (was entering a 14th level cleric) and noticed that I suddenly had something like 55 skill ranks. I just clicked the MAX RANKS button again, and it fixed it - I didn't need to do anything else.

It's a bug, yes, and I'm sure it will be fixed in the next round, but fortuantely, the temporary fix is simple.

Mark

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads