• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[E Tools] How to change your characters race after creation

Therigwin

First Post
I just figured this out and since no one else has posted it, I figure I would have a go ahead.

It is actually kinda simple.

Create a new table in the table editor.

Table is setup the following way

Roll 1d1
Object - Character
Select your character from the list

Click Add
Then on the left, select Specification

On this screen, select your character line, then at the bottom it allows you to add levels, change race and change alignment. Make your adjustments and select update.

Save the file.

Open up a random table, generate, click the character that is generated and launch the character editor!

Their you go! Now you can change your race! :D

Feaelin

First Post
Eerie. I was telling my wife today that this would be a problem later on (she has a character that will eventually be "large" instead of medium)...I figured I'd make a new race, but she'd have to recreate with the new race. Now I can just use Therigwin's idea to achieve the effect without completely recreating! :)

Thanks! :)

Thorkull

First Post
A thought, could this be a way to add templates to e-tools? And has anyone tried this?

Probably wouldn't work -- you'd still have to create a race with the template for each template, then switch the race to the templated race.

:(

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads