E1: Tomb of Chaos [Judge: Patlin] [Concluded]

Manzanita

First Post
Percy

OOC: Percy will buy another 4 days trail rations upon reflection, and 7 days horse rations. That will give her a week's worth of food. Trainz, do you want to introduce yourself?

IC: "Jackel headed statues? Well, that might explain why the gnolls find this place appealing. Atterwood didn't tell us much about this tomb. I wonder if the maker had some connection to gnolls. I suppose that's the tomb, anyway. I'll leave my horse here for now. Shall we try to sneak down to that pile of rocks? Or Nars, would you want to investigate invisibly?"

SlagMortar

First Post
During the journey, Nars asks Nezrak, "So, ah, what spells are you, er, ... do you know?"

In the present, "Er, sure. Perhaps we should, ah, find a spot to, er, hide for now. We could all, ah, approach after the, er, dark."

OOC:
[SBLOCK]If Percy casts invisibility on Nars, he will scout the area while using hide and move silently, but move at full speed (20 ft). Hide +8+20-5=+23, Move Silently +8-5=+3. He will first move down to within 10 feet of the doors.
From this distance, are there any obvious signs of activity in the area? Wagon ruts, trampled grass, tree stumps, garbage, latrine pits? Spot +7. He will keep an eye out for these things as he moves forward.[/SBLOCK]

Xael

First Post
SlagMortar said:
Also, during the shopping, Nars hands a scroll to Nezrak, "I, er, bought this to, ah, help kill the Redcap, but it, er, didn't get used. You can use, ah, it to make one of us, er, larger." (Scroll of Enlarge)
"Ah. Rather useful spell, and I even usually prepare it myself. I can hold it for now, but I doubt that we'll need to use it.", Nezrak answers.

During the journey, Nars asks Nezrak, "So, ah, what spells are you, er, ... do you know?"
Nezrak indulges the party on his spell repertoire, currently prepared spells, and his rather sizable scroll selection:

[SBLOCK=Spells known]0th: Acid Splash, Arcane Mark, Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Daze, Disrupt Undead, Flare, Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Mending, Message, Open/Close, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost, Resistance, Touch of Fatigue.
1st: Charm Person, Color Spray, Comprehend Languages, Disguise Self, Endure Elements, Enlarge Person, Identify, Mage Armor, Magic Missile, Magic Weapon, Protection From Evil, Shield, Shocking Grasp, Summon Monster I, True Strike.
2nd: Glitterdust, Invisibility, Mirror Image, Protection From Arrows, Scorching Ray.[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Wizard spells prepared (Suggestions always welcome)]0th: Detect Magic, Light, Message, Read Magic.
1st: Color Spray, Enlarge Person, Shocking Grasp.
2nd: Glitterdust, Scorching Ray.[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Scrolls]- Scroll of Burning Hands
- Scroll of Comprehend Languages
- Scroll of Expeditious Retreat
- Scroll of Feather Fall
- Scroll of Grease
- Scroll of Jump
- Scroll of Magic Weapon
- Scroll of Mount
- Scroll of Protection From Evil
- Scroll of Ray of Enfeeblement
- Scroll of True Strike x5
- Scroll of Enlarge Person (Nars')[/SBLOCK]

The present:

Nezrak eyes the building carefully. He'll wait for others to decide what to do.

OOC: Nezrak bought 4 days worth of trail rations.

Last edited:

Dalamar

Adventurer
Rodimus eyes the structure, but isn't overtly impressed. He waits for the others to decide their course of action. [sblock=OoC]Rodimus wouldn't oppose Nezrak preparing another Enlarge Person if the Tomb is high enough for him to fit in enlarged[/sblock]

Manzanita

First Post
Percy

"Well, we have to assume this is the place, and the the gnolls are in there. At this point it would be nice to stick together. Why don't we all move over to where those rocks are between us and the entrance. Then advance, hoping to reach the cover of the rocks. Once there, perhaps we'll send Nars in to scout it out invisibly. That spell only lasts 4 minutes."

SlagMortar

First Post
Nars draws his swords as they move forward. He keeps an eye out for movement from any direction. "Best to be prepared", he mutters into his beard to no one in particular.

Erekose13

Explorer
From their position atop the hill and to the north of the entrance it is difficult to see the doors. It is still pretty early in the day, with the sun high above you in the cloudless sky. The rocks and tree to the north would provide ample cover for all but the horse(s?). At the moment there is no movement beyond the lazy flight of a small bird high above you to the south.

Moving down from the hill side the group manages to reach the cover of the rocks and tree with no difficulty. From here you can see the statues and doors better. The two half-man, half-animal statues do look like they might have jackal heads now that you can see them better. The rock pile is more a loose pile of debris, among which broken pieces of furniture and cloth-wrapped bones stick out at odd angles.

Nezrak:[sblock] You see something glinting in the eyes of the statues and looking more closely all along the relief carvings above the doors.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Xael

First Post
Nezrak prepares his bow. "So, Nars goes to scout first, right? When you get there, take a closer look at the statues' eyes and those carvings above the doors if you have time, will you?", Nezrak says.

Patlin

Explorer
Administrative: [sblock]I am confused by the above post from Trainz. I see Knight Otu got to it and editted it in some way before I saw it. Is Trainz involved with this adventure in some way? Perhaps he is a friend of yours Erekose13? At first I thought it was some sort of Judge post, but as I am listed as the Judge this seems unlikely.... Anyway, it seemed odd and I wanted to make sure it was benign.[/sblock]

Remove ads